Mixcraft piano roll issue

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

katil

Mixcraft piano roll issue

Post by katil »

I have mixcraft 4 version on vista. I imported vst (saxophone) to play MIDI melody file on one of the track. Somehow, when I go to edit and try to play any notes which are higher octaves( higher than c5), it will not have any sound or muted. It happens to all of my MIDI files that it will not play higher or lower octaves in piano roll.
I have tried evrything but no luck. Can you help me out in this matter?
Thanks
Vimal
ps e-mail me at katil9654@yahoo.com
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using Mixcraft 4.5 build 118? If not, try updating.

Which saxophone virtual instrument are you using, exactly? If you bring up the virtual instrument screen, you can see the range that each virtual instrument is supposed to work in.

Greg
katil

Piano roll issues

Post by katil »

I am using mixcraft 4.1 build 91
vst instument is "dvs saxophone"

and settings are:
range c0 -g10
transpose 0
pan 0
vol 100 percent
velocity 0-12
preset patch 1

Inspite of wide range I selected, it will not play anything higher than C6 notes or lower than anything C4 notes.

I hope this helps.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I think that's just the range of that particular virtual instrument, despite what the possible preset range is in Mixcraft.

Give one of the Acoustica Instrument saxophones a try.

Greg
katil

Post by katil »

Yes, those works fine but acoustic instrument saxophone does not sound as good as this one is. It has awesome sound just like real saxophone and when I play people love it... just real. Other sax are cheesy.
So do you have answer for this situation how to fix it?
Can preset range be changed in mixcraft and if it possible how to do it?
Thanks.
katil

Post by katil »

Also, I have tried different ranges in VST settings and no matter what I change to... still same problem I see. I wonder why?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You could contact the maker of the plugin and see if there is anything else you can do. I think that sax just has a limited range.

The other thing you could do would be to find a different sax plugin.

Greg
katil

Post by katil »

I have found another liquid saxophone as a new vst satndalone and having a difficulty loading in the mixcraft. The mixcraft programm will crash as soon as I pick the option "liquid intruments". I have installed liquid vst in seperate folder called "liquid instruments"in programm file. Also, dll file is in the vst plugin under programme file. Did I install in right location? If yes, then why Mixcraft is crashing it?
can you help me please?
Thanks
katil

Post by katil »

FYI, I have tested demo Acid pro software where this vst (Sax) played fine, so it is your mixcraft software problem where it will not play higher or lower octaves. I hope you guys will fix this problem.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

How high can you go with Acid Pro and the DVS Saxophone?

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi again,

We've tested it in Acid Pro 7.0 and Cubase and it has the same range as it does in Mixcraft, with the highest note being high G.

Greg
katil

Post by katil »

yes, but mixcraft will not go that higher. It goes only upto C5...so there is a remarkable difference between G5 and C5. Acid Pro I was able to go upto G which is okay. I played midi file of song "careless whisper" vocal and it will entirely play in Acid pro . Song notes goes upto C6 which is not recognized by Mixcraft to be sure.
katil

Post by katil »

I mean to say "C6" not C5
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We're able to go up to high G here, so you're either doing something different than us, or you have a different version of the plugin.

You're just clicking on the Piano Roll? That's what I'm doing here and it works fine with Mixcraft 4.5 build 118 and Mixcraft 5.0 build 130. Check that you have the latest version of the DVS plugin.

Greg
JonInc

Re: Piano roll issues

Post by JonInc »

katil wrote:I am using mixcraft 4.1 build 91
vst instument is "dvs saxophone"

Did you update to the latest build, as Greg suggested? (If you're a registered user, it's free).