Recording problems with mixcraft 5

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Hayden

Recording problems with mixcraft 5

Post by Hayden »

I've been having recording issues with Mixcraft 5 Recently and am in need of some assistance. It's never happened before until I started using it like 2 days ago. Whenever I hit the record button, it will not record, the tracks will stay armed, i cannot unarm them and the only way to do it is to go under Track and unli...ck arm track. Then I have to press the record button and it starts to record, then i have to stop it and record again. I had the 180 build and just downloaded the 134 build and nothing changed, it's still doing this. Help?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What do you have selected in your Sound Device preferences: Wave, ASIO or WaveRT? What do you have selected as the recording device? What kind of sound card do you have?

Greg
Hayden

Post by Hayden »

I use wave, and Realtek AC97 Audio
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The problem is probably your audio driver. Is there a different Realtek recording option you were using before? If you're not already doing so, try recording with a sample rate of 44100 and a bit depth of 16-bit. If WaveRT is available, you can try that.

If none if that is of any help, try downloading and installing the latest AC'97 audio codecs from Realtek's download page.

Greg
Hayden

Post by Hayden »

I did have my sample rates changed, and i set them back to default. do you think that may have been the problem?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It could be. Did you try recording?

Greg
Hayden

Post by Hayden »

it seems to have worked, thank you very much!
Lbarendse

Re: Recording problems with mixcraft 5

Post by Lbarendse »

Howdy,
This thread is way old, but it's the only one that I've found that is relevant. I tried the above solution of changing my speaker properties to 16 bit/44100 Hz and made sure my mic and Line In (for my guitar) are all the same setting, checked the preferences in Mixcraft 5, and still no luck. I can arm the track, see the audio bar moving when I'm making sound, but it won't record.

I'm using and HP Elite desktop pc with Windows 10. I would very much appreciate some help on this, thanks!
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Might seem like an obvious question but beyond arming the track, did you hit the record button on the transport?
Lbarendse

Post by Lbarendse »

Howdy,
Yes I was arming and hitting record.
I did buy a new sound card last night after that post and just finished installing it. An Audigy FX Blaster by Creative. The record button does now work, but it doesn't record any sound. I can see movement in the volume when I play my guitar, but it doesn't record any sound.

Seriously, this stuff really puts me off. I know the tech world is huge and has thousands of variants on systems but I didn't think buying a Windows 10 HP computer and putting Mixcraft 5 on it would take a few days, hours of youtube videos, a new sound card and still not work. Sorry just frustrated.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You're trying to record audio? And you're not getting an error message? Click on the small arrow next to the Arm button on the audio track. What are you selecting as the recording device? What are you trying to record? A microphone?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101