Mixcraft 5.2 is now available!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

djoxygen

Re: re

Post by djoxygen »

Acoustica Eric wrote:Yes you can open MX4 projects in MX5, Mixcraft is not unstable. If you are experiencing jittery playback it is caused by your CPU not being able to keep up with everything at once. Close all other running programs, including those in your system tray. Also use MSCONFIG to stop programs from starting when you boot the pc.
Yes MX5 can use just about any vst effect.
does this have to do with upgrading from 4 to 5? i'm worried i'll lose all my projects if i upgrade
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

No, you won't lose your projects if you upgrade. If you're worried about it -- download the latest version of Mixcraft and try it for free. You can have both Mixcraft 4 and 5 on your computer at the same time.

It only costs $19.95 to upgrade.

Greg
djoxygen

Post by djoxygen »

my god... this is blowing my mind..... i am OUTSTANDED!!! mixcraft 4-5 transition is AMAZING!!! ALL FEARS ARE GONE!!! I AM IN A NEW WORLD! .... you guys blow my mind <3 <3 <3

... but my concern is i got a glimpse that one of your "strengths" or "goals" is that music software should be easy. Do you have plans in place to make sure that the future of Mixcraft stays simple? Are you prepared to grow with your fans, but be able to not leave any newcomers behind? ... the one thing ithis version feels like is although really simple, it is alot more than mixcraft 4 which is obv and understandable. But what happens when you guys get on that BIG level? will you still be able to keep it understandable and fairly navigable for noobz?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Mixcraft already has the functionality of the big guys, yet is worlds easier to learn and use. I am quite sure that contrast will always exist.
julianmzsa

Post by julianmzsa »

Hello there, I really love mixcraft and I would be so happy if you could answer these questions to me!

1.- What happens with the code that you will send me (when I'll buy it) if I already used it one time and I had to reformat my computer? can I use my code more than one time or I just will have to buy the software again?

2.-my second question is: I used mixcraft 5 trial version and it worked excellent and without the common "mismatches" of sound that usually happens to me with mixcraft 4.5. If I buy mixcraft 5, will it work as excellent as the trial version of mixcraft 5?

3.-What mixcraft 5 version should I download if I buy Mixcraft 5 code? the one from acoustica's home page? or will you send me a link to download it when I buy the registration code?
Please answer my questions! I wanna buy it!
PS: sorry about my english, I'm from Chile so I usually speak spanish :P :roll:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

After you buy the software, if you get a new computer or need to reformat, you can install Mixcraft and register it again.

The trial version of Mixcraft is the same as the full version (except that the full version doesn't have the trial limitations on mixing down and burning CDs).

Just go ahead and download the latest version of Mixcraft.

Greg
MergingWorlds

5.2 No Drift!

Post by MergingWorlds »

Thanks for all the work and forum follow-up! You folks are the best...

Just DL'd 5.2 and test a known 128bpm track against a MC 128bpm metronome and even after 8 minutes.... (wait for it): NO DRIFT! yay!

For 5.3 or 6 all I ask is what bsheen said:

1. "To record just hit "R" instead of "cntrl R". Easier for us guitar players, not fumbling with the pick in one hand while trying to get our other back around the neck.

2. "When you hit stop(spce bar) have it go back to the previous {drop-in} spot. Makes it easy for punching in.....

3. "P" for pause could work as a function to stop in the current location.

Rock on Garth.. Cheers! mikey
markcm

Re: 5.2 No Drift!

Post by markcm »

MergingWorlds wrote:Thanks for all the work and forum follow-up! You folks are the best...

Just DL'd 5.2 and test a known 128bpm track against a MC 128bpm metronome and even after 8 minutes.... (wait for it): NO DRIFT! yay!

For 5.3 or 6 all I ask is what bsheen said:

1. "To record just hit "R" instead of "cntrl R". Easier for us guitar players, not fumbling with the pick in one hand while trying to get our other back around the neck.

2. "When you hit stop(spce bar) have it go back to the previous {drop-in} spot. Makes it easy for punching in.....

3. "P" for pause could work as a function to stop in the current location.

Rock on Garth.. Cheers! mikey
Great ideas, to take it one step further it would be awesome to have assignable keys for these major actions in the settings.
Mackie Onyx 1620 Firewire mixer
Intel Dual core, win7 x64 (4gb Ram)