Recording Problem

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

pasimpilot

Recording Problem

Post by pasimpilot »

Hi Guys!
First I want to say this software is by far the best and easiest to use in my recordings! I have been able to complte two CD projects with it!

So in the past I know how Mixcraft works, but recently I hooked up my Keyboard using a USB MIDI interface. I am using and orchestral software from MOTU and East West Quantum Leap. Whe I go to record my first track, things appear to be fine. Its the 2nd and 3rd tracks and so on is my problem. After the 1st track is recorded, say I am using Piano, then I record my 2nd track, say strings, 3rd track say harp. The second track plays back the first AND re-records the first track on to the 2nd track. The 3rd track re-records the 1'st and 2nd and so on. Is this because I am using MIDI? when I select what "source" I am recording from, it wont recognize my SPDIF input (since i have the keyboard hooked up to my Audigy2ZS card and front bezel interface or I cannot get the sound from my mixer using the front bezel interfaces of my Audigy Console, although Mixcraft sees them. Before, I just hooked up my keyboard to my PC via audio cables and mixer using the front Console from Soundblaster and it works great. Is it because of the USB MIDI? Is it hearing everything?? I need to have each track recorded as an individual track 1 midi ch 1 track 2 midi ch 2 and so on. Can you help me???
Thanks
Steve
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

In Mixcraft, click on the red recording button and look at the setting for "Source." If you choose something general, like "digital wave" or "stereo mix," you'll be recording everything coming out of your soundcard, including the output of the first track. You need to choose something more specific. In this case, probably MIDI or "Line In."

Greg
pasimpilot

Post by pasimpilot »

Well I finally got it to work!
What I needed to do in order to use Mixcraft with EWQL Symphonic Orchestra and Motu Symphonic Instrument was to order the proper sound card like the M-Audio 2496 card that can handle MIDI. Once this was done I ran my keyboard to the inputs of the card, then the outputs into my Mackie Mixer. Once the the "sound source" was heard then I was able to use the sends of the mixer to the input of my original sound card the Audigy zs2 front console ports (Aux2) RCA inputs. although its analog it works for me now!
Thanks!
ironexplorer

need help too

Post by ironexplorer »

yeah about her problem, im having the same, the thing is i dont understand what your saying i went and hit record and just my 3 sources.. usb audio CODEC, real tec AC97 and default wave device.. any help?
pasimpilot

Post by pasimpilot »

IronExplorer.....

Explain more to me what you are trying to do and what you are trying to record from!
Thanks
Steve
ironexplorer

Post by ironexplorer »

yeah im having the same problem as you. im trying to record a song and what happens is that i record my drumbeats for a tempo right? and when i record my guitar on the second track i can hear the drums. but when i hit play my second track plays the drums when i hit mute on the drums with my guitar... same problem as you right? i saw from the guy that i hit record and go to the sound card options and it give you the options to record so i use my usb audio CODEC... but i just want to take off the drums, im only using it as a tempo.. lol you get it?