Dual Sound Output

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Bucktail

Dual Sound Output

Post by Bucktail »

I find myself switching my playback setting from my input device (AudioBox USB where my headphones are attached) and through the PC's sound card which is hooked up to my Stereo System. It would be nice if Mixcraft had a way to have two built in output switches to toggle between.

If there is a way to do this that I'm unaware of it. Does anyone have an easier way to switch between the two outputs without going through the Mixcraft preferences everytime? Any ideas?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Unfortunately that is how it works. You have an internal sound card in your computer which is connected to your stereo, when you choose ASIO and use your other audio device, you are doing just that, using a different audio device. The ASIO driver supplied with it doesn't work for your computers internal sound card, so that leaves you with two choices.
1) switch back and forth as you have been doing
2) Use the ASIO device as your output as intended, connect it to your stereo. Maybe to another aux input or something, then you could just switch at the stereo.
Bucktail

Post by Bucktail »

Thanks for the response. I know that the AudioBox USB does have speaker outputs. Looks like I'll need to experiment at how I could maybe use that output along with the headphone jack. Thanks again.
wildbil

Post by wildbil »

Hi Bucktail,
MC5's wave rt exclusive mode allows you to use your existing stereo speakers and real low latency. The catch is, your operating system must be vista or win 7 and, more importantly, your computer's sound card must be able to handle wave rt. wave rt only works with stuff that you can plug in to your computers line in or mic in. SM57, guitar. Or the line out from say, a gnx3k or your audiobox. Try line out instead of usb. Lemme know.
bil
win7 64; Realtek ALC 889 sound card on MSI mobo; MC6 Pro; band in a box 2011; Gateway NV55S28U Laptop... it has Realtek onboard sound.
Bucktail

Post by Bucktail »

OS on the computer I'm using is XP. I know I should upgrade but it's our old home computer that I am using only for recording. Seems to work well for me at the moment. Thanks for your suggestion.
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Actually, just to clarify, Wave RT works with pretty much any device, and WaveRT Exclusive Mode works really well with lots of devices in Windows 7. As long as the device has drivers written for Windows 7 (and not old Vista drivers, particularly early Vista drivers) Wave RT will give you really low latency without any special drivers.

Dan