Please Help! REALLY annoying problem...

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

thecalling66

Please Help! REALLY annoying problem...

Post by thecalling66 »

Hello, I recently plugged in my M-Audio KeyRig 49 midi keyboard into Mixcraft 5 Build 151, turned it on and got the usual message that Mixcraft had detected a new midi device - makes sense right?

But while I was able to play all of the VST instruments with my keyboard, whenever I clicked on "ARM" to record on a virtual instrument track Mixcraft displayed the message that there was "no midi device available" even though I was able to play mine while the message was onscreen!
I have tried EVERYTHING including restoring to default settings (both midi, recording and device), deleting and reinstalling my keyboard drivers and even reinstalling mixcraft itself twice over to try and solve the problem but it is still happening after about a month!

The weird thing is that I am not even able to view the usual dropdown menu wherein you select the midi channels by clicking the arrow on the ARM button... this is really odd and quite annoying as I have many studio projects on the go that I would like to lay down.

>Basically Mixcraft is recognizing my keyboard and I am able to use it until I want to record something with it!!! this is my first-ever problem with Mixcraft and I have been using it on and off for about 2 years now.

Please help me!
Thank you.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Have you tried connecting your keyboard first and then launching Mixcraft? Are you using Wave, ASIO or WaveRT (in the Sound Device Preferences)?

What do you see when you click on the little arrow next to the Arm button on an Instrument track?

Greg
thecalling66

Post by thecalling66 »

Hello and thanks for your reply.
I tried plugging in & turning on my device before opening Mixcraft but the same thing occurred :(

I am currently using "WaveRT" as my Sound Device and I am using it in the "Exclusive mode" for less latency. Might all of this affect things?

Also, to answer your question: Mixcraft displays the same message when I click the arrow on the ARM button as it does when I click the other area.

The exact message is: "There are no MIDI input devices available. Please be certain that your MIDI device is plugged in to your computer, and is turned on."

Thanks again, ever so much.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Does it happen if you try turning off WaveRT exclusive mode?

Some sound devices do not work properly with Vista and WaveRT. If that's the case,then I would recommend upgrading to Windows 7 or switching to ASIO mode for getting low latency.

Although, I have not heard of this particular problem before.

-Joseph
thecalling66

Post by thecalling66 »

yes, with Exclusive Mode on or off this keeps happening...
Also, I am running Windows 7 64-Bit as my operating system but I currently do not have an ASIO interface.

Thanks.
Colonel_Eyeball

Post by Colonel_Eyeball »

YUP! I am in the exact same boat here. Possibly trouble with windows 7 itself?

I am still in demo mode myself. I'd love to support this fine product ya'll have developed... but not until I've found a resolve for this issue.

The odd thing is, I can't seem to pinpoint what could have caused this. I recorded two songs composed dominantly of virtual instrument tracks. I saved, and mixed them down, and shut down the computer for the night. The VERY NEXT MORNING I started it up again and went back into mixcraft do add another virtual instrument track and this inability to arm tracks occured.

No clue how a simple restart could muck up the works. I did all things "thecalling66" listed, and in addition to that, uninstalled previous midi drivers from both my midi keyboard and midi-pad, did reinstalls, and even edited the registry as suggested elsewhere in these forums (logitech webcam driver conflict) and this is still occurring.

I'm baffled by why this could happen out of the blue.

Again, I want to reiterate: this may be an issue with windows 7 64bit. I bought my PC as a lightweight DAW (as this series of HP's has been hailed as) and I have had nothing but troubles thus far.

If you folks can give us any help on how to make your fine product functional it would be stupendous.
Raidx

Post by Raidx »

Well i can say that im using a Keyrig 49 too on Windows 7 64bits and have no problems...

I can use WaveRT, WaveRT exclusive mode, ASIO or what ever and i have no problem recording with my Keyrig

But anyway, that message doesnt really make any sense since you should be able to arm your midi (instrument) track even without a midi device... since you have the musical typing thing that you can always use

Have you tried to go under preference and under the MIDI tab choose... use ALL MIDI DEVICE and try to click on the default midi device.

Have you try to download the new beta version of mixcraft?

Have you try to right click on the Mixcraft shortcut on your desktop and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

Have you try to right click on the Mixcraft shortcut on your desktop and go under properties, compatibility tab and choose, i dont know, Windows XP sp3 mode

But the thing that you get the message of no midi device available should not be relate to your keyboard since i can arm that track on my laptop even without a midi device in it.
Colonel_Eyeball

All excellent suggestions.... but alas, none worked!

POO GAS!

I should have mentioned that I have NOT been using any midi device. The tracks I recorded were using musical typing as the virtual instrument input. All of a sudden things just quit working. I know there has to be a reason because things usually don't "just quit working" but aside from the system shut down and restart, I can't think of a single thing I did.

Super peculiar. Musical typing works fine when I assign a VST and go into the musical typing menu... but I just can't arm virtual instrument tracks. Audio tracks arm just fine.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi Colonel_Eyeball,

What version and build are you using? Have you tried version 5.2 build 152? If not, give it a try. It's on Mixcraft's download page.

If the problem happens again with the latest build, quit Mixcraft immediately and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Colonel_Eyeball

Hey Greg,

Thanks for the support

I do have build 152, still unable to arm Virtual Instrument tracks. I have sent out the Mixcraft log.text

Thanks again for the help.

I'm very fond of this program thus far, and really hope this problem can be remedied.
thecalling66

Post by thecalling66 »

yes, my problem is still persisting as well... I have absolutely no idea what to do now. and yes "Colonel_Eyeball" exactly, it was completely random and overnight that this problem occurred because I still have projects in which I have made songs with Virtual Instruments but now I am unable to... :x
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

thecalling66 wrote:yes, my problem is still persisting as well... I have absolutely no idea what to do now. and yes "Colonel_Eyeball" exactly, it was completely random and overnight that this problem occurred because I still have projects in which I have made songs with Virtual Instruments but now I am unable to... :x
Hi,

Please reproduce the problem, then quit Mixcraft immediately and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
wildbil

Post by wildbil »

Hi,
I considered Keyrig49 until Googling for compatibility with Win7. I easily discoverd that while it works for some folks, it has lots of problems. And, while it shouldn't bother MC5 users, the software that comes with it is not Win7 compatible. Way to go M audio.

Still, I might buy one....Lets give a big cheer for GC's refund policy.

bil
win7 64; Realtek ALC 889 sound card on MSI mobo; MC6 Pro; band in a box 2011; Gateway NV55S28U Laptop... it has Realtek onboard sound.
riel777

M Audio KeyRig 49 Issue

Post by riel777 »

Have we found a solution for this? I am experiencing the same issue as thecalling66. :cry: