Mixcraft 6

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

maxpenno

Post by maxpenno »

Hi Dan,

Just wanted to know whether or not Mixcraft 6 will support the East West Play 3 engine when it is released.

Thanks,
Max
metalman1221

Post by metalman1221 »

For me, I would love a better piano roll as I edit MIDI drum files a lot. If you want know exactly how I would want the piano roll done over, just take a look at Reapers piano roll. Hands down the best I ever used. Simple and easy. MC's is awkward and harder to edit files. Reapers opens in a nice big separate window as opposed to MC. I edit all my MIDI drum tracks in Reaper and import into MC as a wav......sorry......It's just that much easier and better 8) . Do a piano roll like Reaper and I wont use Reaper ever again.... :roll:
zzgani

Post by zzgani »

I would like to see MC6 have

1. single on/off switch for the fx applied to all tracks would be very helpful while mixing with more than 15- 20 tracks

2. A diagrammatic representation of where all the sounds from different tracks are positioned. This would help to decide on panning some supporting sounds to R/L channels or removing them to avoid clutter.

3. Better features (nothing specific) to help in mastering
Guitar Hack

drum track

Post by Guitar Hack »

I would like to see this work like this.

I would like to take one end of a drum track and drag/stretch it so the beat ends up matching the other tracks.

Also could you fix the tempo thingy as it's always wrong.
Truth Exists.
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

You can stretch a drum track exactly the way you want to already, in Mixcraft 5. Just hold the CTRL key down while you mouse over the end of a clip.

Can you please elaborate on the tempo issue that you're having?

Thanks,
Dan
silveralex

Post by silveralex »

Very excited to hear a bit more about Mixcraft 6.
Been a user of MC since v4 and look forward to the big new release.

I've posted this before, but "Drum Maps" would be a big feature I'd like to see. Basically, just labels on the piano roll keys indicating what percussion sound is attached to that note. And the capability to edit these settings , so it supports use of the popular Drum VSTs like EZDrummer , Addictive Drums, etc. (and GM Midi Drums, of course)

Most excited to hear that MIDI editing is being improved. I've gotten much more comfortable with Mixcraft's midi note editor, but I still miss the old days using Voyetra SP Plus :) (yeah I used sequencers way back then)

Specifically, if there were more keyboard shortcuts in the editor, it would make it much faster to edit.

For example:
- Ctrl+Leftarrow or Ctrl+right arrow to go from note to note in the piano roll view (for selection)
- Shift+leftarrow or Shift+right arrow to make the note duration longer or shorter
- Shift+uparrow or shift+downarrow to change the note pitch
- keys to change the notes position in time also

being able to work with notes this way can be faster and more precise than the mouse at times.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

tharealmcsweb wrote:
the ability to delete vst's in mixcraft would be good.
or you could just use the VSTIgnore.ini file in the Acoustica Mixcraft Program Files
Ianpb

A better output meter.

Post by Ianpb »

A better output level meter which features dB level and has a peak level indicator. The present one is way too basic. Even Audacity's output meter (which includes these features) is better than Mixcraft's one!
Acoustica Greg

Re: A better output meter.

Post by Acoustica Greg »

You can switch between percentage and dB in Mixcraft's display preferences.
Ianpb wrote:A better output level meter which features dB level and has a peak level indicator. The present one is way too basic. Even Audacity's output meter (which includes these features) is better than Mixcraft's one!
Bucktail

Mixcraft 6 suggestion

Post by Bucktail »

I typically review my recordings through headphones connected to my interface. But I also like to hear what they sound like through the stereo speakers (my stereo is connected to my computers sound output) In order to do this I have to go through the playback settings and switch everything over to the computer sound output and then when I'm done I switch everything back to my headphones.

I wish there was a quick way to toggle between two outputs. Some sort of setting that would allow you to create two outputs. In my case one being the interface the other being a computer sound port.
zardos

Unstable with many tracks

Post by zardos »

I've been with Mixcraft since version 4 and love it. The biggest issue I have with it, and I get this same thing with other DAWs, is with many virtual instrument tracks (30, 40, 50) the program goes unstable on me. It will crash, or when I go to the mixdown dialog, it will be missing icons... or I hit SAVE and the dialog stays and nothing happens. I can delete 10 or so tracks, and then the dialog works! Also, bringing up an intrument window and hitting EDIT will crash, or it will not let me change VSTs. Perhaps, as a 32-bit app, it is running out of RAM? I am on Windows 7 64-bit with 6gig, and the OS still has memory free when this happens. I'm hoping that Mixcraft 6 will be "fully" 64-bit capable, and perhaps this issue will go away for me. I think that maybe I see this issue more than most because of the number of VST tracks I run at a time (30-50 -- and no, not all are playing at once, but having the tracks there is all it takes). Note, I have this issue on other PCs, and on XP 32-bit. I also had the same type of issue on Cakewalk Sonar. I don't want to hijack this thread on essentially a "bug report", my main point is I am hoping that a 64-bit version of the software might help out here. Thanks for listening!
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

Acoustica Greg wrote:You can switch between percentage and dB in Mixcraft's display preferences.
Ianpb wrote:A better output level meter which features dB level and has a peak level indicator. The present one is way too basic. Even Audacity's output meter (which includes these features) is better than Mixcraft's one!
That's no good! I'm talking about the output level meter having a dB scale as well as a peak level indicator. What you are talking about is something completely different.
Jonathan Summers

Post by Jonathan Summers »

Ianpb wrote:
Acoustica Greg wrote:You can switch between percentage and dB in Mixcraft's display preferences.
That's no good! I'm talking about the output level meter having a dB scale as well as a peak level indicator. What you are talking about is something completely different.
Can we have a button that makes everything louder than everything else?
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

Jonathan Summers wrote:
Ianpb wrote:
Can we have a button that makes everything louder than everything else?
Why the sarcasm?
Sungodv

Post by Sungodv »

I've been asking for better metering for a while now. Good to see I'm not alone. I do have a feeling Dan will blow us all away....hope that spacebar start / stop thing gets fixed.
Core2 Quad Desktop & XP Pro - Samplitude 11 & Pro X, SONAR 8.5 Producer & Mixcraft 5 for VST's / VSTi's. Toneport UX2 USB Interface. Audio Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Loads of basses, guitars & keyboards.

My Music:

www.soundclick.com/sungod