Musicraft 5.2- VST limitations and initial midi file sounds

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

dathyr1

Musicraft 5.2- VST limitations and initial midi file sounds

Post by dathyr1 »

I have just started using Musicraft 5.2 and have just a couple of questions. Great program.

I have been putting new VST's and VSTI plugins into Musicraft and just wondering is there a limit on the number of VST's the Musicraft program can have?

When loading new midi files for the first time into Musicraft, All it says on each track is just "Instrument track" yet it is playing a selected sound. My question is how can I find out what initial sound it is playing before I make my own personal changes? Not sure where the initial sound is being pulled from

Thank you for any info,

Dave
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

No, there's no limit, but if you have just tons and tons of plugins, it can slow Mixcraft's startup a bit.

Mixcraft will use any MIDI instrument instructions it finds in the MIDI files. By default, it chooses Acoustica Instruments piano, unless you change the default instrument in the MIDI preferences. Click on the Change Instrument setting to the left of an instrument track and then "Edit Details" to see what instrument is selected and to change it.

Check out these Mixcraft video tutorials.

There are also handy Mixcraft Mini-tip videos.

Greg
dathyr1

Post by dathyr1 »

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I see what you mean by slowing down the startup of the program when having more VST's installed. Right now it just comes up a little slower. Try not to get too carried away on VST's.

Ahh, I see now how to find out what instrument is playing each track on initial load of a midi file. I did not click on show details after doing the change instrument as you said.

thanks for the video tutorial pointers also.

Dave
Glaw

Post by Glaw »

Musicraft? :D
dathyr1

Post by dathyr1 »

Oops, my mistake. I meant Mixcraft.

Was thinking of music and and the program at the same time.
Just shows ya how new I am to using the program.

Thanks for catching that one. Try not to do that again.

sorry about that,

Dave :)