Control surface support survey for Mixcraft 6.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

Control surface support survey for Mixcraft 6.

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hello,

For those of you that are looking forward to control surface support in Mixcraft 6, we have a question: what kind of things do you want to be able to control? Obviously playback and recording will be in there, but beyond that... what would you like to see?

We're asking this question on our Facebook fan page as well.

Greg
Studio 919

Post by Studio 919 »

Greg,

I was using the trial version of Mixcraft 5 and after a while my laptop died. Now I have a new computer and I am looking at the upcoming version 6 as a possibility.

Currently, I use a ZOOM R16. It functions as a stand-alone multi-track recorder, computer interface, and control surface. It's a great device for the money. I have also been playing around with (and trying to learn) REAPER, which is a great package, although it's over my head. I really like the simplicity of Mixcraft and the fact that it comes with so many loops and virtual instruments.

I am able to use the R16 for all transport functions, recording, playback, etc. The faders on the R16 control the faders within REAPER. Plus, there are F1 through F5 keys on the R16 that can be programmed to control certain functions within REAPER, although I have not done that.
Federation_Jackson

Post by Federation_Jackson »

I've been using mixcraft since 2.

Now that I've got a much more powerful home studio with lots of equipment I'd like to be able to use all of it with Mixcraft.
My BCF2000 B-Control fader that I use with Reaper handles very good and I like using it for mixing.

To be able to use my BCF2000 to play/pause control faders/volume level, panning, what track is selected, mute would be amazing.
I mostly use Mixcraft on all my solo work, I hate that my BCF2000 is just sitting here and not being used to it's fullest potential.

I'm probably going to get Mixcraft 6 as soon as it comes out if it will support my BCF2000. It would be like a dream come true.

I hope you read this.
Thanks for such a great DAW either way.
tharealmcsweb

Post by tharealmcsweb »

try and follow flstudio on this. have the ability to right click: link parameter to. that way we can link certain faders to certain paremters in the software.

and support od the nanokontrol :)
aj113

Post by aj113 »

Yep, BCF 2000 and/or Nanokontrol support would be the order of the day for me.