VSTIgnore File ?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Cloud12

VSTIgnore File ?

Post by Cloud12 »

I've installed a few new VST plug ins and they won't load. After a bit of investigation all of them are on the VSTIgnore file, and I can't find a way to prevent them from getting there. Any ideas?
Glergo

Post by Glergo »

The files may be damaged and causes Mixcraft to crash when loading them which is probably why they are in the ignore file.
Cloud12

Post by Cloud12 »

That's what I would have thought. But Mix craft doesn't crash but as soon as it scans the VST folders it writes the plug ins on the ignore. It doesn't even load them and give it a chance to crash them per say.
I guess I'm not sure how they could be broken/damaged/corrupt. These are fresh downloads. I even tried re downloading them.
Some work and some don't it seem like the common theme is that downloads that launch an installer tend not to work. Ones that give me a .dll file right away work fine.

I don't have a ton of experience with VST but have plenty of computer knowledge other wise, for any one who cares.
dhiser21

Post by dhiser21 »

They may be 64-bit VST's. Sometimes they work...and sometimes they don't. MixCraft is a 32-bit application.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, make sure that you've got 32-bit versions of the plugins loaded.

Greg
Cloud12

Post by Cloud12 »

That just may be it. They are in fact 64 bit plug ins.
Re downloading as 34 bit. Thanks alot, this oughta work