Wave vs WaveRT vs ASIO 96000/24 Bit Sample

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ultrapoker

Wave vs WaveRT vs ASIO 96000/24 Bit Sample

Post by ultrapoker »

I'm using a PreSonus AudioBox 22VSL and I would like to use 96000/24bit sample rate. Within Mixcraft 5.2 this apparently is only available if I use the Wave driver. I normally use WaveRT because it offers 3 ms latency but it only has 96000/16bit.. no 24 bit option.

My question what's the best way to set up Mixcraft for 96000/24bit with low latency?

Thanks for the help.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The best thing with a device that has its own ASIO drivers is generally to just use ASIO.

Greg
ultrapoker

Post by ultrapoker »

thanks Greg. can you tell me at what rate it will sample at when using ASIO? Mixcraft doesn't have a sample rate pull down menu when using ASIO. PreSonus unit gets the rate from DAW. When using WaveRT.. if you change the rate in Mixcraft it changes it in PreSonus VSL automatically.

thanks,
ultrapoker

Post by ultrapoker »

i did some testing and the sample using ASIO setting on Mixcraft seems to be 96000/32 bit. This is what it says when I look at the sample in "edit loop" mode. SAlso verified by looking at sample in iTunes (get info) Seems strange because the Audiobox 22VSL supports up to 24 bit. Not sure how or why its saying 32 bit but i guess thats good. any ideas??