burning cds

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

sean

burning cds

Post by sean » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:28 pm

This topic was raised on an old board by someone but the guy got no replys. I have several recordings saved and would like to put them on the one a cd, but so far I can only seem to burn one recording per cd. Im new to any form of recording so any help would be appreciated, im using mixcraft 2.5 Thanx

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:32 pm

Hi,

In Mixcraft, click on the File menu and select Add Sound to load in the sounds. Position them so that they are end to end. You can move sounds around by clicking on the title bar of each sound and dragging it, or you can select it and use the arrow keys. Zoom out to make this process easier.

Overlap the ends of the sounds a bit to fade them together.

Greg

sean

burning cds

Post by sean » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:23 am

thanx Greg got it working now

tbdeaux

burning cd's

Post by tbdeaux » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:07 am

So making sure I understand this??...say you have 3 or 4 songs,maybe a full length CD. ...you would add them one at a time say to track one, do they need to be touching?(over lapping) What about space between each song(of silence) like on store bought CD?? Thanks :?:

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:07 pm

Hi,

It's up to you. Overlap the songs if you want them to fade into each other, and just bump them up against each other if you don't want them to fade. You can also leave extra space if you want.

Greg

Gman

Post by Gman » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:50 pm

You may also want to add track markers between each song so that a CD player can "see" the different songs and skip or jump around between them. Without the markers the CD may appear as one long song to most CD players. (Correct me if I am wrong Greg.)

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:50 pm

Hi,

Good point, Gman. If you want separate tracks on the CD, you should add track markers.

In a case where you are mixing down to audio files (MP3, WAV, WMA or OGG), you should choose the option to save the mix as separate files, because otherwise the track markers won't be recognized.

Greg

tbdeaux

burning CD

Post by tbdeaux » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:35 pm

OH Yeah I thought I saw something about adding markers somewhere, Thanks guys, thats what I needed!!...but where do you choose the option to save the mix as seperate files??? thanks again!!!

Gman

Re: burning CD

Post by Gman » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:24 pm

tbdeaux wrote:...but where do you choose the option to save the mix as seperate files??? thanks again!!!
When you go to make your burn, the program will ask you (if I remember right).

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:35 pm

Hi,

If you are mixing down, you'll have the option on the Save screen.

If you are burning, the track markers will automatically become separate tracks as long as each marker has the "CD Track Separator" option turned on, which is the default.

Greg

tbdeaux

burning cd

Post by tbdeaux » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:13 pm

Well ok sorta, I still dont see it? (how to choose as separate files) the burn box does not give me that option. I do see the CD track separator, you mentioned earlier that it may not recognize markers if they were not separate files, is that not the case as long as the CD track separator is checked? :? thanks!!!!!

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:16 am

Hi,

As I said, it's automatic if you're burning a CD with Mixcraft. If you are mixing down to audio files on your hard drive, there's an option to save as separate files, but if you are burning, it just goes ahead and creates the tracks.

If you don't want some track markers to become tracks on the CD, you can uncheck that "CD track separator" option.

Greg

tbdeaux

burning CD's

Post by tbdeaux » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:45 pm

Cool, automatic is nice!! thanks Greg