Mixcraft 6

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

MikeB39A

Re: Mixcraft 6

Post by MikeB39A »

A friend of mine is using Mixcraft 5 and was telling me about the soon-to-be released version 6.

I'm using a Macbook Pro and was wondering if it will run on Lion OSX?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We do not currently have a Mac version of Mixcraft in the works.

For product update news, click "Like" on Mixcraft's Facebook page or sign up for the Acoustica Newsletter.

Greg
jroberts

Post by jroberts »

Hi Everyone,

First off I want to thank the Mixcraft team for doing such a great job with Mixcraft 5. I recently took a class where I was introduced to Logic Pro 9. With the use of third-party plug-ins, I can get most of Logic's features into Mixcraft. However, there are still some things I'd like. For example, one thing I really loved about Logic was real-time automation, so I was wondering if this feature will be included in Mixcraft 6. Also (I don't know if this is in Logic or not) I would love to be able to record two separate audio tracks at once (using an M-box.) I can't seem to do this with Mixcraft 5. Once again thanks for making awesome and affordable software.
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

Been following the development of Mixcraft for awhile now :)

One question. (And forgive me if this has been asked, or is common knowledge, but I just couldn't find a definitive answer on the site or in the forums)...

Will Mixcraft 6 be native 64-bit (meaning it can utilize more than 4GB of ram)?

Thanks, and well-done on all the progress you've made with Mixcraft!

JD
magician

Post by magician »

When will the Mixcraft 6 be ready for launch? Does anyone have any idea of a date yet? :D
vizionheiry

Post by vizionheiry »

Will Mixcraft 6 have a preset VST for Akai MPD 24?

I would like to be able to plug in my mpd, open up a preset vst, drag samples onto the pads in the vst and control it (record, play, stop, bank switches) from the MPD.

Will this be possible?
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

JonInc wrote:Been following the development of Mixcraft for awhile now :)

One question. (And forgive me if this has been asked, or is common knowledge, but I just couldn't find a definitive answer on the site or in the forums)...

Will Mixcraft 6 be native 64-bit (meaning it can utilize more than 4GB of ram)?

Thanks, and well-done on all the progress you've made with Mixcraft!

JD
Found the answer to this on the Acoustica facebook page. The answer is no, not yet.

This is a deal-breaker for me. I hope the devs prioritize implementing this feature, since every other well-known DAW on the market is already there.

JD