Weird Noise sounds when loading other sounds!

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

skklloomm

Weird Noise sounds when loading other sounds!

Post by skklloomm »

After a while when importing other sounds - so when i play it it does a big NOISE(not good when having headphones on!!!!!) after a while. Why is that???!!!!
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: Weird Noise sounds when loading other sounds!

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I have no idea why that happens, but it doesn't happen on any of my computers. So it sounds like maybe your computer's cpu is taxed at the time of the noise, which causes a screeech in audio when you ask the computer to playback sound.
Try going into Beatcraft preferences and adjust buffers up a little at a time, see if that helps.
And of course, close all other running programs, including those in your system tray (by the clock).
skklloomm

Post by skklloomm »

Ok thanks. I thought it was something like that.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Are you importing entire songs or something? Beatcraft is only meant to play short samples. IE: Drum hits.
skklloomm

Post by skklloomm »

No. Just the sounds from the library within Beatcraft! I dont remember if i fixed it the last time, considering the buffer size, so now i am here again to ask and check.

I adjusted the buffer size again but the sound still goes to a very loud noise. It is now from 8 number of buffers to 10, and from buffersize 16384 to 49152 and still the same. Please tell me as well as what the standard should be again? As it was 8 and 16384?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

It depends on your computer, but 8 and 16xxx is fine. I would really like to hear the noise, can you possibly record it with mixcraft using stereo mix?
skklloomm

Post by skklloomm »

Acoustica Eric wrote:It depends on your computer, but 8 and 16xxx is fine. I would really like to hear the noise, can you possibly record it with mixcraft using stereo mix?
No i dont have mixcraft. But i can do an inner recording i guess of it. Il be back later with the clip then......

But how much you recommend me to adjust it to btw???
skklloomm

Post by skklloomm »

Ok, i short little audiofile is attached. It is first step in each beat with Ambient Hi-TOM Hard you are hearing, or actually NOT hearing :P. It is the noise i am talking about still bugging me, i am going to try to restart the computer now, or redo the project in Beatcraft again maybe.....:/...

the file is a mp3 which is zipped. It is the recorded through the internal sound recorder to my speakers......
Attachments
Untitled.rar
audiofile
(157.32 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

So that happens when you ask beatcraft to play a specific sample?
Can you rar the project file and post it here for me to check out?
skklloomm

Post by skklloomm »

Acoustica Eric wrote:So that happens when you ask beatcraft to play a specific sample?
Can you rar the project file and post it here for me to check out?
I think i know what the problem was! When i add a new sound from the library - EACH TIME it adds a new EQ at the same time! The same eq that was before, it just add another one. So when i for example changed the sound say 5 times, it added 5 EQs and that is why the sound sounded as it did obviously! Also i must stop the beat sometimes, and play it fro mstart again when i have removed all the other EQs for it to sound right again. I guess it got to do with the latency and buffering stuff with that though. So i am pretty sure i found out the problem. But, do you think it is ok for the program to be adding a new EQ each time a replace the sound?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

No it shouldn't do that, how are you adding the new sound?
skklloomm

Post by skklloomm »

Acoustica Eric wrote:No it shouldn't do that, how are you adding the new sound?
Well i am adding it by double clicking on the title, you know at each sound box pattern. They grey area just above the volume and pan mods. To have everything ready with eqs and so i did this i guess. I guess the other second only way is to add from the Sample Library - by just adding a new sample to the project, which then is fine it adds no extra EQ each time.