Problem with rendered files being off in timing

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

MobileOak

Problem with rendered files being off in timing

Post by MobileOak »

Hello,
I've been creating beats in Beatcraft and rendering them, and then importing those into Mixcraft. I've been doing a simple beat in 140BPM, and not checking either of the checkboxes on Render. When I import the 1-measure WAV file into Mixcraft, it is always shorter (by some random amount) than a full measure, which if you try to loop, causes the drums to get off-beat after a while. Is this a bug in either of the programs, or am I doing something wrong?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: Problem with rendered files being off in timing

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Are you using external samples or the sounds that came with beatcraft?
MobileOak

Post by MobileOak »

Acoustica Eric wrote:Are you using external samples or the sounds that came with beatcraft?
Just the standard samples from Beatcraft. I believe I was using a four on the floor kick with one of the 909 kick drums, and the closed high-hat from the Ambient kit. I can post the samples + screenshots if you want.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Are you sure it's set to the correct timing? IE 4/4?
MobileOak

Post by MobileOak »

Acoustica Eric wrote:Are you sure it's set to the correct timing? IE 4/4?
That was the first thing I check. Both my Mixcraft 6 song and my Beatcraft project are set to 4/4 140BPM. I created the pattern in Beatcraft, rendered the pattern as a WAV file, did not render audio tails or wrap them, used all the default settings, and rendered the WAV.

Then I went to an audio track in Mixcraft, had snap to measure on, right-clicked and added a sound file. Picked the audio file, then when I look at it in the sound tab, I see that its length is something like [0, 0, 987]

Just reproduced, took a screenshot. As you can see, the length isn't a full measure. This one wasn't too bad, as it's only .006 off, but some of the loops I've created have been a full 0.014 off, which when looped 10-15 times starts actually affecting timing.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

It could very well be a problem with beatcraft, it hasn't been updated since 2006 if I remember correctly. Try wrap and/or render tails