beatcraft samples? -- (for Mods??)

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

guitarPLYR7

beatcraft samples? -- (for Mods??)

Post by guitarPLYR7 »

Hi I have had Beatcraft for a few years. It is a great product & I love the way it sounds.I have a few questions.Have the makers of beatcraft ever thought of having sample beats to go with Beatcraft?
I am no drummer. But I can put some things together with beatcraft because of the way it is made.
Which I think was a great Idea. But sometimes.....It would be nice to have some basic drum beats in the vault. It certainly would make this software so much better in my opinion.It would help out as far as saving some time also. I was just curious if it was ever given any thought. Thanks.
outteh

Re: beatcraft samples? -- (for Mods??)

Post by outteh »

There are templates that come with it that have some standard beats. We're you interested on something particular?
guitarPLYR7

Post by guitarPLYR7 »

Thanks for the reply. Well I like everything from blues to metal. I know there are a couple of samples that are supplied. Also I understand that many songs are different. I just thought it would be nice to have the option to add some parts. Would make it less time consuming in the end. Just thought if some basic rock loops were incorporated it would make the product that much better.
outteh

Post by outteh »

There are some additional loops you can purchase

http://www.acoustica.com/beatcraft/more-drums.htm

And I believe I saw a post where one of the Acoustica board Moderators had some free loops created.
guitarPLYR7

Post by guitarPLYR7 »

Thanks for your help. I have a few questions. Not sure if you know.Is there a file in beatcraft to store these loops? so you can bring them up quickly and add them to your project.
outteh

Post by outteh »

I have the additional drum samples for Beatcrfat as I use it as well. I imported the sound samples into Mixcraft directly so I can access them without going into Beatcraft. Yes it's possible ( I know have some 1400 drum samples in Mixcraft). Saw your post on the EZDrummer post. There are a lot of drum programs out there and a lot of free samples also. Good luck with your endeavors. :D
guitarPLYR7

Post by guitarPLYR7 »

Thanks. So I have 3 more questions.

1. How do you download the beatcraft sample to mixcraft for future use?
what folder do you put the beatcraft loops in? Also do they go into the section with the other drum loops in Mixcraft?

2. If I were to purchase additional Beatcraft loops. Where are they stored?

3. for Rock & metal style drums is there a package you can recommend??

Thanks again for your time & help
outteh

Post by outteh »

You use the +import function (right side of the Library tab). This lets you import and name new or add to existing libraries. Locate the Beatcraft Library location for the drums you want and import them. There are some other tips in the Help function in Mixcraft, look under importing libraries. If you set a library name for the imported files instead of mixing them in with current files you can always get to them easily. I like the Beatcraft Rock and Blues loops and will use the jazz ones and mix it up. It all depends on what I'm trying to do. You can import from other sources also as long as the format is WAV, OGG, AIF, etc. (the ones Mixcraft supports). Additional Beatcraft loops are stored in the same place as your current loops. The installer will place them there. Purchase More Drums Vol 1 has some good rock/blues stuff. When I bought the add on packages I bought the Musicians Bundle which I don't think they sell anymore. Hope this helps. :D
guitarPLYR7

Post by guitarPLYR7 »

Ok, Thanks for your time & help. :D