Pitch Change: Keyboard Editor

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

youaregreat

Pitch Change: Keyboard Editor

Post by youaregreat »

Hello,

I am new to Beatcraft. My first experience with a pattern sequencer was with FL Studio. I've "known" about Beatcraft as long as I've known about Mixcraft (Which is great! And thank you Greg and all you other moderators for doing such a good job providing such an awesome service here! Where do I sign up! Apprenticeship?) Anyways, like is said, I "knew" about beatcraft, but when I realized that Beatcraft has a pattern sequencer very similar to that of FL studio's, I had to give it a try! Now I am trying to see how similar they are. I hope you are familiar with FL Studio because I have not found a good free screenshot app yet(suggestions?) and I'm framing the question around information specific to Fruity Loops.

Okay, So, In FL studio the first thing that pops up when you open the program is a dialogue box for "pattern 1". In the upper right corner of the "pattern 1" dialogue box is a small keyboard icon called the "keyboard editor". When the "keyboard editor" icon is pressed, an array of keyboards drop down from the "beat steps"(for lack of a better title) of whichever instrument is selected. By selecting different notes on these many mini keyboards you can easily change the pitch of the selected instrument on specific beats, which is AWESOME!

If you understand what I have described here, can you please tell me if Beatcraft has a similar function, and if "Yes", please describe how to use it.

THANKS!!
Acoustica Greg

Re: Pitch Change: Keyboard Editor

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

No, Beatcraft doesn't have a feature like that. You can click on the little arrow under each beat and set the playback rate there. Since Beatcraft is designed for drums, choosing different notes was not the top priority.

Greg
youaregreat

Re: Pitch Change: Keyboard Editor

Post by youaregreat »

Yeah! that's what I'm talking about the playback rate. You nailed it. I would say this is essentially the same feature, FL studio just presents it in a more accessible way. their set up is a little quicker to adjust, and is easier to understand visually, but Beatcraft can get you to the same place, just a little more time and work, and a little but of learning. For any one wandering the web, when messing with the playback rate Every Tenth place is a semitone(or so it seems), and you can go higher or lower than the slider allows, just enter the numbers manually.

If its not patented infringement you guys should steal FL studios idea for the next release. It helps to be able to see the key signature you are using, and its an added benefit to see all beats at once.

Thank you Greg!