Beatcraft's Future

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Anorax

Beatcraft's Future

Post by Anorax »

I have a question that I'm positive has been asked before (and probably by me at least once, I don't rightfully remember...) – Will Beatcraft ever get another update, or has it been developmentally discontinued?

Beatcraft is a great program and an awesome, easy-to-use drum programming companion to Mixcraft, but looks and feels extremely outdated compared to the latter (Beatcraft hasn't been touched in almost ten years!). There are several components from Mixcraft that Beatcraft could certainly benefit from (one of which is drag-and-drop lane moving), and I was wondering if there's any possibility at all that Beatcraft will one day enjoy more accessibility features. Maybe someday we can see a build 20? :)

Many thanks,

Anorax
Acoustica Greg

Re: Beatcraft's Future

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We don't currently have plans to update Beatcraft. We're more likely to make drum programming easier in Mixcraft. Thanks for your feedback!

Greg
CRAZY6STRINGS

Post by CRAZY6STRINGS »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

We don't currently have plans to update Beatcraft. We're more likely to make drum programming easier in Mixcraft. Thanks for your feedback!

Greg
Greg,

could you give an example of what that might be??

Robert
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

CRAZY6STRINGS wrote:
Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Greg
Greg,

could you give an example of what that might be??

Robert
Let me direct you to a video regarding Mixcraft 7, which is out now.

In short, a new, beatcraft-esque beat editor has been added, as well as two samplers - one for pitch manipulation of a single sample, and the other for drum sampler-style playback. Both the beat editor and the drum sampler (Omni Sampler) are showcased in this video.
BillW

Post by BillW »

I strongly endorse using Mixcraft for drumming now over Beatcraft.
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Yeah I was a huge user and spokesperson (unofficially) for Beatcraft, I did an entire internationally released cd with it in 2008. But now, yeah the midi editing in Mixcraft is much more efficient.
Rick1111

Post by Rick1111 »

I LOVE MIXCRAFT FUCK TAKE MY DAMN MONEY AND MAKE IT AS GREAT AS CAN BE