Shared Patterns

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Vmusic

Shared Patterns

Post by Vmusic »

Hi,
OK.. there's thousands of ppl who have Acoustica Beatcraft, so why not allow people to share patterns? OK, I admit it, I'm lazy. But why am I sitting here trying to craft some 'light hip hop' pattern - when I know, but I know, somebody out there has already done it?

C'mon Acoustica - help your users out here, make it even EASIER to use the software.

Now I know the 'gotchas' - You have to have the same sounds in your library to use somebody else's pattern, but couldn't you check somehow and label what library sounds are in the bcprog file?

PLEASE.. Somebody give me a light hip hop pattern so I don't have to start from scratch.

Re-usable in Columbus
EL34

Post by EL34 »

There hasn't been an update to Beatcraft in a long time.
It needs a big boost, IMO.

If users could share patterns and sequences, that would be great.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I was looking into dedicating a portion of my web server for beatcraft/mixcraft projects and sounds to float back and forth between users.
Maybe i'll have to start looking into it again.
In the mean time, I have some patterns already made and available Here
roar77k

Post by roar77k »

Thanks Acoustica Eric, the beats on http://www.demondigital.com/backstage/tutorials.php are fantastic help, as are the tutorials. It's really given me a boost in creativity! :D

For most people, the file 'straight 8 rock beat' (it's the 7th project download link down on the right hand side) by Scott Foust gives so many starting points to build from I'd highly recommend it to beginners who are getting bogged down with making tracks from scratch.

Another site like yours, dedicated to these types of stock riffs would be amazing. Especially for different styles, cos we don't all wanna rock out in a straight 8 style (well, not all the time). You can learn a lot from a few good patterns.

BUT having said that, part of the fun and the learning about the beats themselves comes from figuring out the timing, listening and fine-tuning. I get more satisfaction from listening to a part I'm trying to copy/emulate and learning how the timing goes. That way I feel like I know what the hell is going on with my own music! Otherwise we'd be using samplers, right?

Demondigital can't be the only site with beatcraft files available can it? I guess all it takes is someone who is confident in their beats to put them on a site, which is pretty easy to do these days.

If anyone finds out any more, maybe we could list them in this discussion topic first.