2 problems

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Rabid Gerry

2 problems

Post by Rabid Gerry »

hI there, was wondering can anyone help me. When I go to say expand a pattern I'm working on, and Beatcraft asks me do I want to copy the pervious beats into the next measure and I click yes, what exactly it copies is not correct.
When I first used this function it was accurate, now however it seems to copy 3/4 of the previous measure and makes up the rest of it.

2nd Problem is, sometimes when I play back in sequence a pattern will miss a beat, say in a drum roll. Sometimes it will play fine. Usually this occurs when I've a humanized change of tempo flag up.

When I go to render this into a wav then, one beat will be missing in the occasional roll. This is really annoying but with some accuarate editing in a multitrack program I'm able to copy and paste a beat in place to where the missing beat should be.

The pattern of say the aforementioned roll will play back fine in the pattern editor tab.

Any help would be great!!

Thanks
Rabid Gerry

Few trials and few errors

Post by Rabid Gerry »

Hello again, not that anyone replied (I don't take it personally) but I think I sorted my problem.

At 1st I thought seperate some of these rolls from patterns and when I make 'em take a lot of steps. Which I did. Then what happened was the occassional missed beat thing would go away but instead I'd have an entire skip of silence for a beat here and there in play back of the sequencer.

I fooled around with the buffer sizing, hadn't any clue as to what to sort of size to set it to. Not sure this helped. Made it from 8 to 16 and to like 4000. Noiticed the metres where more "juttery" and didn't go up and down as smoothly. This did not work in solving the skipping and missing beats.

Went back to the original plan then of including the rolls within my patterns, but then left the buffer size thing in preferences at the newly set 16 and 4000ish size. This seemed to sort out the skips and the missing beats. And it rendered fine.

Something personally I'd like to share with others is an answer to flanging effect in play back withing the sequencer. Sometimes I get it in the snare or bass drum or cymbal crashes between patterns in the sequecner. What i do is choke the first few beats of various elements at the start of each pattern that flanging occurs with. This has no ill consequecne for me as you don't hear a sudden cut of in either play back or rendering and it stops the ring out of some drums that may cause the flange when the drift into the next pattern. Hope you get me on this one.

Gerry
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Yes, Beatcraft can act oddly like that. If you had not sorted this out i was going to ask to see your project file. I would then recommend some things. Usually when people have these issues, they are making enormously long patterns rather than a long sequence made of many patterns.
Rabid Gerry

Get by but more suggestions would be even better!

Post by Rabid Gerry »

Ok well sometimes I do still get the odd quirk and I might have to stop the program and start again. It is weird. I often find also that say I had clicked on a pattern on the sequencer window. Then Played the sequence from the start the quirks would happen again, flanges on cymbals and odd missed beat here n there. But when I click blank space around the sequence chain so that the orange lit pattern goes to green and no pattern is selected, then play the sequence from the start again the oddities will go away most of the time.

So you recommend short patterns? I think my largest pattern is only ever 8 measures. Mind you a role might be included in that sometimes.

I'd still like to hear some suggestions Acoustica Eric if thats ok thanks. I'm sure you've told others a 1000 times already!!! :lol:

I also have put my buffer back to normal default setting that is set when you first install the program. It seems fine that way.

My computer is old and is not the fastest machine out there but I seem to get away with it. It has 1.5GB RAM I make sure that when I run Beatcarft that the processes window shows nothing else running and it usually is below or around 4%.