Any plans on a Mac version?

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

sxsolomon

Any plans on a Mac version?

Post by sxsolomon »

I tried the trial and I absolutely love this program! The only problem is that I will be moving to a Mac machine. I know that I can use bootcamp or VMWare Fusion to run a Windows operating system, but I would prefer a Mac version of this software.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

No, we have no plans for mac version of any of our products.
That is a problem with using a mac, most 3rd party products are made for windows machines. Also, it is extremely difficult to find anyone who knows how to fix one if it starts acting up.
sxsolomon

Post by sxsolomon »

Extremely difficult? There are 2 apple stores within 15 minutes of where I live. My Alienware machine, with Windows XP, constantly acts up and has been extremely difficult to get fixed. I downloaded trial software drum machines that were available for both PC and Mac (I only tried the PC versions), and the ones I tried were really good. But, I must say I liked Beatcraft best because of its ease of use. Thanks for your reply.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Ok, that is good then. I guess here I have yet to see any mac stores or any repair businesses that do macs.
harehead

Acoustica for Mac

Post by harehead »

I'm with you... I've been kicking around the idea of going back to Mac again, but haven't quite been able to make the move, mostly because of the lack of availability of just a couple software titles. I was pleased to discover that my browser of choice (Opera) has a Mac version, as well as my favorite media player, VLC Media Player (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/). But, the music player/burner (Acoustica) of choice still does not. This is the only obstacle keeping me from a Mac conversion at this point, but I don't think it will be enough. I think VISTA was the final straw. I still use XP for now, but I refuse to use VISTA. So, I guess Microsoft made the decision for me when they released that piece of crap.

Sorry Acoustica.. hope to see you on the other side some day. :)

I loved you while I could use you.
Xenophist

Post by Xenophist »

http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/

Try running it in that. In Linux it ran fine with WINE.