Nothing happens when I click play.

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Wigglesworth

Nothing happens when I click play.

Post by Wigglesworth »

Not sure what's happened here as I have changed nothing. When I attempt to play a piece (both current and saved pieces) nothing happens after clicking 'play'.

I also don't seem to have the option to edit my preferences as the text does not highlight.

Any ideas?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You need to go into preferences and check your playback device setting. If you can't get into preferences, you should uninstall and reinstall, making sure you've got the latest version of Beatcraft.

Greg
Wigglesworth

Post by Wigglesworth »

Finally got round to doing this now school has finished for the year. Still having the same problem with lack of ability to click 'preferences'.

I've tried re-installing, tried messing with sound settings on the computer and all sorts, but to no avail.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Try getting into preferences before you click Play.

Greg
Wigglesworth

Post by Wigglesworth »

Hi,

I tried this also previously and the same problem occured- everything freezes with the play button compressed. The whole program seems to lock up.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Beatcraft is not finding a valid playback device. Check your computer or soundcard manufacturer's support page and try downloading the latest audio drivers for your soundcard.

In the Windows control panel's audio settings, make sure that the correct audio driver is selected as the default playback device.

Greg
ch173

When I attempt to play a piece (both current and saved piece

Post by ch173 »

Try changing the bit depth under preferences. That solved the problem with a Tascam US122L.