Problem with sound in Beatcraft

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

cypher79

Problem with sound in Beatcraft

Post by cypher79 »

So ever since i switched to the asio driver in mixcraft i seem to be having lots of problems with the sound in Beatcraft...

Ok it always says 'a sound device could not be found' when i open beatcraft but that was never really a problem because the sound still played, but ever since i installed the asio it has become a problem. So i make a pattern, play it and its coming through my monitor speakers fine. So i render it to wave then go and make another pattern, press play and nothing happens? the play button is just stuck in the stop position?

the 'Preferences' option is always greyed out so i cant change it, apart from when i restart my computer i can change it to 'USB Audio CODEC' and then get sound through my monitor speakers, but only for the first pattern i make!

And i obviously dont want to restart my pc for every pattern i want to make!

Why is this happening?

And why is not a problem in Mixcraft?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Does this happen even if Mixcraft hasn't been running?

Greg
cypher79

Post by cypher79 »

No, it only seems to happen when i try to use other applications with sound alongside Mixcraft, there seems to be some kind of conflict with the asio4all drivers....

anyway ive uninstalled the asio drivers and gone back to using the WaveRT and it seems to be ok so far.

is the asio driver generally better than the waveRT?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That's normal. One of the ways that ASIO gives you low latency is that it takes complete control of the sound card. If you're happy with WaveRT, stick with that. We offer the different options so users can find one that works for them.

Greg