advanced step settings...

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

puremongrel

advanced step settings...

Post by puremongrel »

is there a way to alter the advanced step settings for all of the steps at once? in other words for example if i would like to change the sound of a china cymbal by lowering the rate, and changing the high pass and low pass filters and have it apply to each hit of that cymbal without going and changing it on each hit individually? and then perhaps save that cymbal with those settings for future use. any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

No there isn't, but a workaround I have used is to craete a single hit and set it up how you like, then render that hit out to a wave file.
Now you can use that wave file in your kit and it already sounds how you want it to sound.
puremongrel

Post by puremongrel »

ok cool i tried that and had some luck. when u say render a single "hit" is that the same as rendering the pattern (just with only one hit in your pattern)? I ask because when i tried to set up the project with 1 measure with only 1 beat in it, a window popped up saying i had to have at least 2 beats per measure. So i did and found that when i set up the cymbal how i wanted and rendered the pattern that when i added it to a new project the cymbal cut off early. Next i started over and had 4 measures with 4 beats per measure to allow the cymbal time to fade out before the end of the project. rendered this and it worked and had the long decay i was supposed to. Is this how you do it also? it seemed to work fine this way just didnt know if that is the best way to execute it. Thanks for all your help. I have never seen forums as hands on as acoustica forums!
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

My pleasure, happy to help.
More specifically on the above issue: Render the pattern, then import that wave into a wave editor and trim the front and end, trim the front right to the very start of the sound, but leave enough at the end so the sound has time to fade befopre getting cut off.