Crackling when rendered Beatcraft MP3 is imported to Mixcraf

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

bmiller

Crackling when rendered Beatcraft MP3 is imported to Mixcraf

Post by bmiller »

Can't figure this out. At first I thought it was because the recording level in Beatcraft might have been too high before rendering. But I'm seeing no red peaks when I play it back in Beatcraft.

When I solo the Beatcraft track in Mixcraft...no crackling. Similarly, when I mute the Beatcraft track, the crackling goes away. But when all tracks are on, including the drums (Beatcraft) track, crackling!!So it's definitely the Beatcraft track causing the problem.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks!
My setup: MIXCRAFT 7.0, 64 bit, Build 251, Beatcraft, Windows 7 x32 on IBM Lenovo Core i7-4800MQ CPU @ 2.7GHz 2.70 GHzCPU, M-Audio Fast Track USB
Acoustica Greg

Re: Crackling when rendered Beatcraft MP3 is imported to Mix

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You should try it with Mixcraft 5.2 build 152.

If that doesn't help, you can try increasing your buffer or latency settings in Mixcraft.

Greg
bmiller

Post by bmiller »

Thanks...I am using Mixcraft 5.2 Build 152 (wasn't updated my forum signature...is now :wink: ). I went to preferences and increased buffers and latency. But I don't see how that will help as all tracks are already recorded. Will increasing buffers/latency help in the final mixdown and recording? I am just trying to get the drums in and adjust the mix for a final mix down.

I'm using 20 buffers at 32,768 buffer size wtih latency = 3,715 ms.

Is there an "optimum" format/setting for beatcraft sound files (e.g., wav vs. mp3, 192 bps or 320 bps, or wav at 44,100, 16 bits, stereo)?

Thanks!

Brock
My setup: MIXCRAFT 7.0, 64 bit, Build 251, Beatcraft, Windows 7 x32 on IBM Lenovo Core i7-4800MQ CPU @ 2.7GHz 2.70 GHzCPU, M-Audio Fast Track USB
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Optimum settings vary from computer to computer, based on a lot of factors. Did increasing latency seem to help?

It's always a trade off between smooth playback and low latency. Extremely low latency settings can cause playback problems. High latency settings make for smooth playback, but then you have high latency when you record. You have to try to find the sweet spot for your computer and your sound device.

Greg
bmiller

Post by bmiller »

Yeah, it worked. I didn't realize that I needed to have my audio interface device (M-Audio Fastrack USB) plugged in. But when I plugged that in, I guess Mixcraft is using that soundcard instead of the one built into my laptop? Anyhow, I set it for max latency, and the crackling on the drums went away. Thanks!