No Longer Can Look Up Album Info

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

tralfaz

No Longer Can Look Up Album Info

Post by tralfaz »

The last few times I've used SIA, when I try to look up album info all I get is "failed to find any results". Has something changed? Thanks.
Acoustica Greg

Re: No Longer Can Look Up Album Info

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, MusicBrainz changed the way you have to access their track information service, and that broke Spin It Again's look up feature. Since Spin It Again is legacy software, we're not going to be updating it.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you! Of course, you can still look up the track information and copy and paste it.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
tralfaz

Post by tralfaz »

Ah, thank you! Copy and paste or good old manual entry, no biggie.
Brian48091

Post by Brian48091 »

I Wish I Knew this before I Paid for the software. I Never would have purchased software that is no longer supported.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Brian48091 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:16 am I Wish I Knew this before I Paid for the software. I Never would have purchased software that is no longer supported.
Hi,

If you purchased within 30 days, you can request a refund by contacting customer support here: Acoustica Customer Support.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
atlanticom

Post by atlanticom »

I just posted a fix for this in the Spin It Again user forum. You may want to have a look. https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26482v
Brian48091

Post by Brian48091 »

atlanticom wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:54 pm I just posted a fix for this in the Spin It Again user forum. You may want to have a look. https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26482v
Thanks, I know it is late, but I just got a new laptop to use for recording my old records and when I was loading software to the new laptop I almost did not load Spin It Again onto the new computer. I took the time to look up whether there was an update to the software and that lead me to your post. other than having to load an FTP Client everything went smoothly and the lookup works great!

Thank you for your expertise and doing this little project for us.
rnmerchant

Post by rnmerchant »

I've been using the fix for a couple of years. It is excellent and works well - I don't have to do anything additional such as FTP client...

Very kind contribution to the cause! Spin-it-again may be old software but - particularly with this fix - it is certainly not 'legacy'!

Rihcard