Tags for mp3

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

urk

Tags for mp3

Post by urk »

There appears to be a conflicting file tagging system in SIA than that shown in the file details in Windows 7 and Vista. I have downloaded the latest version to see if this is an old problem but that has not fixed it.
For example the Artist tag in SIA appears as Contributing Artist in the file details of Windows.
This only applies when creating an Mp3 file not a WAV file.
A WAV file has no details at all but that is not so important as they will not be put on an mp3 player.
I have looked through all the forums and FAQ and coulbn't find anything on this but i may have missed it.
Is there a way of fixing this either on SIA or Windows?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Tags for mp3

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What are you using to view the tags in Windows?

Greg
urk

Post by urk »

Just the normal windows browser.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Wave files don't generally have ID3 tags; there's no standard for that. If you want tags, go with one of the compressed formats.

There's no option to change the way that Spin It Again tags MP3 files in the way you want it. You could use a third-party tag file editor to modify the tags, of course.

Greg
urk

Post by urk »

Thanks Greg.
So am i the only one, who when they go into the created mp3 files 'properties' and click 'details' the artist is under 'Contributing artists' and not as would seem proper 'Album artist'?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It's working that way for me as well. There are lots and lots of possible tag fields that Spin It Again could have filled out, but we wanted to keep that screen simple. Having two different "artist" fields might have been confusing.

Greg
urk

Post by urk »

Thanks Greg
info@jimfoto.com

Post by info@jimfoto.com »

Since I'm converting to WAV and plan on converting to MP3 later, am I not going to have any tags or is the information there to be populated when I convert to MP3?

I just realized that if I create MP3's during the same session, my tags will be there.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Mp3 files can hold tag info, wav does not.
So if you render to wav and convert to mp3 later, mp3 tags will be empty. Use any common tag editor to tag them after converting to mp3