Spin it again

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

chrisjaz

Spin it again

Post by chrisjaz »

Hi
I hope someone can help me , i have used SIA and managed to get 14 of our old albums onto my computer , and the quality was brilliant , i am telling everyone about it , however trying to do some more today and yesterday well it has gone to pot.
I am using a turntable which plugs into the usb on the laptop and our TV with the white and red connections , all of a sudden the ladies voice (your softwear is ready to record )she sounds like she has a lisp , also i can't the master volume is right up into the yellow and red and not responding at all , i have changed settings and now i don't know where i am with them , i have reinstalled SIA again thinking that would work and no it hasn't .
I have Realtek HD Audio Manager on my laptop and system sounds .
This changed when i decided to put a song off my computer using Load a sound file ,it was fine before that . I have about 75 albums i want to convert to mp3 and at first it was a doddle now i am not so sure .
I even have sound coming out of the computer lagging the music from the turntable (tv) What has happened ?
Regards
Chrisjaz
Acoustica Greg

Re: Spin it again

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

In Spin It Again, click on Settings and look at the Audio settings. Make sure you've got the correct Playback Device selected. If it is set to "Default Wave Device," click on the setting and choose the specific playback device that works well for you. It probably has the word "speakers" in it, but the correct choice varies from one sound device to another.

Also in your audio settings, make sure you're using a sample rate of 44100.

If you don't already have version 2.5 build 46, download the latest version of Spin It Again.

Greg
chrisjaz

Post by chrisjaz »

Hi Greg ,

I have managed to get the ladies voice back to normal , however i am still unable to record like i was before (don't understand it at all)
I have been into device manager /sound video and games here is what is in there-:
4 x High Definition Audio
1 x Realtek High Definition Audio
1 x usb audio CODEC
Says that they are all working probably

On Spin it Again the settings are for
PLAYBACK DEVICE

Default Wave Device
(1)Speakers(Realtek high definition)
(2)Speakers (2-USB Audio CODEC

RECORDING DEVICE

Default Wave Device
1 Microphone (Realtek high definition)
2 Stero Mix Realtel High Definition
3 Microphone 2-USB Audio CODEC

Which of these should i choose , i think i have tried them all anyway !

I have the sample on 44100 let you said.

Sometimes the ladies voice is responding on the levels , sometimes the music and what is happening in the room is on the recording ,other times the level is right up to the orange and red and no response .
I just don't understand why i have been able to do 13 Albums and now i can't ?

Hope you can help !!!! :( :( :D

Just gone back into it and now the settings choices have changed to this

PLAYBACK DEVICE
Default wave device
Speakers Realtek High Definition

RECORDING
Default wave device
Micorphone Realtek high definition
Stereo Mix Realtek high definition
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Sounds like you are plugging in and unplugging a usb device of some type. If you plug in a usb device, it will show up as a choice for recording and playback
chrisjaz

Post by chrisjaz »

Hi ,

yes i am using a usb turntable the usb goes into my computer and the red and white cable goes into my Panasonic TV for the sound using AV3 .
I have already done 14 albums so i don;t understand why all of a sudden it doesn't work ?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I am not sure what you mean?
The turn table has both USB and RCA (red and white) cables? If so, you are supposed to use one or the other, not both.
chrisjaz

Post by chrisjaz »

The turntable came with a usb conection and a red and white conection
you put the usb in your computer and the red and white in your music system or you sound system which i am using my tv as the sound system ,which i used to 14 albums with no probelm ,
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Oh I see, you are using the rca cables as a monitor system. That will be fine.
Fyi: You can also skip usb and plug the rca ends into your computers line in, with an adapter.
chrisjaz

Post by chrisjaz »

Hi
I don't have the connection for the microphone set up , what i don't understand is it was working fine , i really need to know what set up on the playback and the record device i should use .
Hope you can help !
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

It changes because when you plug in or unplug a USB audio device, windows will sometimes set it as the default device, which can change your playback device.
In the spin it again settings, set the recording device to whatever USB option there is. I would assume playback should be through your computer speakers, so select that option for playback.
chrisjaz

Post by chrisjaz »

Hi,
I appreciate your reply however , i find it hard to all of a sudden change , i have done what you said and it is still not working right.
To be honest i am beginning to think i should pack it all in !!
Here is the settings

Playback (1) Speakers realtek high definition
Record (1) Microphone (2-USB )Audio Codec

Sample rate 44100
Number of buffer 8
Bit Depth 8 bits
Buffer size 16384
Sounds awful , and level is right up on the green yellow and red and not moving.
I either have the music be it awful plus any sound that is going on in the room at the time.
or
Sound awful .
The wizard can't find any sound sometime and then other times its rubbish .

I had be going on to my friends how brilliant this softwear is , even done an album for one friend , now i feel stupid as now it won't work .
All i can say is i am very disappointed ,i was so excited and enjoyed using it for my first 14 albums but now it doesn't want to know .
I have also tried it on our other computer and still the same thing happened , i had downloaded the newest version as suggested to !

unhappy !!!!
Chrisjaz
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Lets keep one thing in mind as we troubleshoot your computer, the software isn't the problem here, the problem is selecting the correct input.
Spin It Again simply records whatever windows provides for it, so if you are feeding it bad sound, it will record bad sound.

You mention that you hear music AND whatever else is going on in the room at the time, this can only be caused by one thing...you are recording using the microphone in the laptop, or other device you have connected to the pc that has a microphone. Do not use that option.

Unplug anything you have plugged into the computer that is connected via USB and is an audio device of any kind, like web cams or microphones or audio interfaces.

Plug in the turn table, run SIA and select the USB option as the recording device. That's all there is to it.
If you get no sound at all, you need to look on the turn table manufacturers web site for an updated driver to install. Drivers make all the difference in the world, they are the translator between the hardware and the windows operating system.

To test the above statements, download and install any recording software and try recording the turn table with it, you'll have the exact same issues until you get the input selection correct and the driver for the turn table updated (if applicable).

Lastly, right click on your speaker icon in the system tray (by the clock) and choose "recording devices". Find the USB turn table and right click on it and make sure it's not disabled.

From that same place, you can choose properties, then select "listen to this device", this will allow it to play back through your computer speakers as it is being recorded. Making the connection directly to the stereo unnecessary.

Here's what mine looks like

chrisjaz

Post by chrisjaz »

Hi

Oh i have tried all you said and no joy !!
So for now i have packed the USB turntable back in its box and put it away till Jan or Feb ,i can't be messing around with it , it takes up tons of my time ,and gets my really frustrated to !.
What i can't understand is it worked perfect and as i say i was telling everyone how good Spin it again it , and now no joy .
The USB turntable doesn't have a web address so no driver for it .
What happened the last time i tried was :-
Spin it again was saying that the music was to loud it was only on 25 put it down to nothing and still says the same .
This all came about after i used the Load a sound file , it was fine up till then .
Maybe i need to take pics of the screen as i do it and send you those , but not until Jan or Feb as i need a brake from it .
Thanks for all your help , i do want this to work again !
Christina
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I think you just need a better understanding of what your computer does in conjunction with recording audio with software such as ours.

What is the make and model of the turn table, I'll look up it's website for you.
chrisjaz

Post by chrisjaz »

Hi Eric Happy New Year to you !

Now its Feb here i am again trying to get my Spin it again working !

The turntable i am using is a Marks & Spencer USB Turntable Model Number 4601
T04/00128/4601 .It has a USB connection and Line out with white and red connections.

We have bought a new little stereo which has a usb and amp with aux input & line out.
Its Hitachi Living System AX-M131U .

I have bought some cables over christmas one being Audio Splitter cable
3.5mmStereo jack (male) to 2 X RCA (male) One end red the other end one red one white.

Another cable to connect my ipod to the stereo which is one red and white on one end and the other end one white connection.

My computer has SRS Premium Sound Enabled and Realtek HD Audio ,so on the task bar i have icons for these ,when i click the speaker icon and choose mixer i get Monzilla , System Sounds and Speakers i can click on the this and get Speakers ( 4 - USB Auido Codec )This one isn't chosen , if i choose it then the others dissapear , the one chosen is Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio ) I also have the microphone icon on the task bar .

Hope this makes sense and you can help me .

Regards

Christina