USB Turntable

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

JSounds

USB Turntable

Post by JSounds »

I purchased a new USB turntable, and so far I am unable to get Spin It Again to recognize it. I tried to set volume levels using the level wizard, and although the meters moved some, there was not sufficient volume (possibly no sound other than surface noise?) and after the 30 seconds it just started over. Also there is no sound on my computer speakers while record is playing, using Spin It Again.

The turntable came with Audacity software and I finally got it to recognize and work with the USB turntable, but I would prefer to use Spin It again since I am familiar with it, and find it MUCH easier to work with.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jerry
Acoustica Greg

Re: USB Turntable

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Check the audio settings in Audacity. How do they differ from the settings in Spin It Again? In order to hear what you're recording from a USB turntable, you can put a check mark next to the Monitor option on the recording screen.

In Spin It Again's Level Wizard, what do you have selected for the Soundcard setting? What about the Source setting? You should have your USB device selected there.

Greg
JSounds

Post by JSounds »

Hi Greg:

In Audacity, the playback setting is "Speakers High-Definition Audio" and the recording device is "USB Audio Codec".

In Spin It Again, the device is "USB Audio Codec" and the only choice for Source is "Master Volume".

I do not see a place to click "monitor" in the level wizard. Or do you mean to click "monitor" in Audacity?

Is it possible I am running an old version of Spin It Again? It shows as V1.1b30.

Jerry
JSounds

Post by JSounds »

Update -- I just upgraded to the latest version of Spin It Again, I guess I was using an old version. Will try to record an album again and see if the update made a difference.

Second Update -- okay, now I have volume but it is very low. Volume slider is all the way to the right in Spin It Again. Also I now have the "monitor" button in Record screen so I can get sound while I record. The volume is just very low.

Any suggestions on boosting the volume? Computer volume is also turned up all the way.

Jerry
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi

The Monitor option appears on the recording screen, not in the level wizard.

You've got the same "USB Audio Codec" setting in both programs? Check and make sure there isn't a second USB audio setting. If you go ahead and record something, how does it sound?

Greg