Audio delay

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

smokyken

Audio delay

Post by smokyken »

I start the cassette to be recorded. In SIA I have the monitor on and the graph shows sound coming in, but I don't hear the audio though my speakers for a delay of 10 to 15 seconds. When I hear the audio it is from the beginning of the song and when the song finishes on the tape player, the audio keeps on coming through the speakers until the end of the song. What is wrong?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Audio delay

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You can go into your audio settings and try reducing the number of buffers and the buffer size settings. Try cutting them in half. If you lower them too much, you'll notice that the audio skips. You'll want to find the sweet spot between smooth playback and a short delay. It's different for each computer, because of all the variables involved.

Greg
smokyken

Post by smokyken »

Hi Greg,
Thanks for the reply. I operate Windows 7 Home Premium. Under what heading would I find audio settings to do what you said?

Ken
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Open up Spin It Again and click on Settings. Look at the Audio tab and make the changes there.

Greg
smokyken

Post by smokyken »

Hi Greg,

Thanks! That worked. I had computer problems and had to reinstall Spin It Again. That is what probably caused the problem because everything was working fine up to that point.

Ken