auto track spacing method

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

geobee

auto track spacing method

Post by geobee »

Hi all, had Spin it Again for some time, but don't get to use it often enough. The issue I have is when I record tracks from, say, Spotify, I just tell it to record a ''cassette tape'', as it is just using my internal sound card for a recording input. When I playback, I am getting just one long track, not spit into separate tracks. I can manually separate it into track numbers, but I know there is a setting page to set it up automatically, which I have fiddled with but just cant get it right. The section where it asks the sound percentage and track duration etc, I think is where I am getting it wrong. Any help would be great.
Acoustica Greg

Re: auto track spacing method

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The track detection method is based on silence between tracks. If there is no silence between tracks, like with a live performance, for example, you'll just have to split the tracks manually. Also, if there is noise between tracks, the automatic track detection will have trouble. Sometimes you just have to manually split the tracks, and even if you don't manually split them, you need to verify that they are in the correct spots.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101