Windows 10 Creator Update problem

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Rjs3566

Windows 10 Creator Update problem

Post by Rjs3566 »

Just to let everyone know the new Windows 10 Creators Update will cause SIA to malfunction. I know this from experience. Installed the update and wound up having to roll it back to get SIA to function again. Before that I tried changing the compatibility settings and uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. So until a compatible version of SIA is available or Microsoft makes Windows 10 Creators Update compatible with SIA (Don't hold your breath), DON'T DO THE CREATORS UPDATE ON WINDOWS 10. YOU WILL LOSE ALL FUNCTIONALITY IN SIA! :!: :cry: :x
Acoustica Greg

Re: Windows 10 Creator Update problem

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We've verified this issue here and we'll be looking into it.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It looks like this is a bug in the Windows 10 Creators update. We'll be contacting Microsoft about it.

In the meantime, you can roll back the update if you need to use Spin It Again.

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Update:

Microsoft is aware of the problem and they have a bug filed on it.
Rjs3566

Post by Rjs3566 »

Thanks for the quick response and updates Greg. Please keep us updated!
Rjs3566

Post by Rjs3566 »

BTW rolled back before I posted.
SirLanceALot

Post by SirLanceALot »

Does this mean Spin-It-Again doesn't work in Win10 at the moment? No matter, I have old windows PC's around I can fire up to run Spin-It-Again.

I purchased Spin It Again years ago, probably when you first released it (NT or XP days?) I was amazed how well it worked on my old cassette band and home recordings! 8) I'd buy it all over again. Would be nice to have it incorporated in Mixcraft 8 Pro. (works great to rid room noise, fans, AC units, etc)
Lance
Mixcraft user since Ver 1 (when it still fit on a floppy disk!)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Spin It Again doesn't work if you install the latest major update to Windows, which is known as the Creators Update. Microsoft is working on it, but there's no telling how long it will take for them to release a fix.

Greg
SirLanceALot

Post by SirLanceALot »

Thanks for the super quick reply Greg. I had to look Creator up, sadly it looks like Microsoft forces this update onto your PC.
No matter, I'll keep using Spin-It-Again on an offline fast Dell XP machine that I took offline and reinstalled XP pro service pack 3 on. That machine runs like super lightening! 15secs startup and shutdown, and never hangs up. It's my album (880 albums) and band tape conversion (300tapes) PC. 8)
Lance
Mixcraft user since Ver 1 (when it still fit on a floppy disk!)
Rjs3566

Post by Rjs3566 »

i agree SIA is great. I'm actually spending my vacation getting my cassette collection digitized and uploaded to Google music. :D
john21wall

Post by john21wall »

Best way to do it I have found is to download the iso, burn a disc and make a clean install. The upgrade seems to leave traces of the old OS still registered in the new version. The only pain then though is installing all the 3rd party app's that we all like. I found Malwarebytes trys to take over the role of antivirus on the 'Creators Update' So be careful of that. I have uninstalled Malwarebytes for the moment and just trusting to the new beefed up Windows Defender.So far not having major problems but time will tell. Personally I would have liked Microsoft to have offered the upgrade as an option rather than a requirement. The old saying is if it is not broke leave it alone and v1607 had some stability. What mayhem might await business users...?
Danger76

Post by Danger76 »

I have just tried to use SIA on my new Windows 10 upgrade (I had no choice in the upgrade as I had severe problems with my laptop and iTunes).
I am finding SIA is crashing, plus when I finish recording a vinyl record, when I open the file in SIA to clean it up, it is only opening about 15 secs of the file (which the recording is 18mins long).
Any help in RE. to this issue???
I am thinking about buying the software from Acoustica (I had the software as part of a Kaiser Baas MusicMaker software).
PLEASE HELP!!!
Will buying the software from Acoustica solve this problem??
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Danger76 wrote:I have just tried to use SIA on my new Windows 10 upgrade (I had no choice in the upgrade as I had severe problems with my laptop and iTunes).
I am finding SIA is crashing, plus when I finish recording a vinyl record, when I open the file in SIA to clean it up, it is only opening about 15 secs of the file (which the recording is 18mins long).
Any help in RE. to this issue???
I am thinking about buying the software from Acoustica (I had the software as part of a Kaiser Baas MusicMaker software).
PLEASE HELP!!!
Will buying the software from Acoustica solve this problem??
Hi,

We don't have a fix for this problem, but Microsoft is working on one. We don't know how long it will take for their fix to reach you. You can wait for Microsoft to fix it, or you could try restoring to the previous update of Windows 10.

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hello again,

It appears that the Windows 10 Insiders update build 16188 fixes the playback problems with Spin It Again and the Creator's Update. People who are testing Windows 10 updates before they are released can get this. Hopefully Microsoft will be able to roll out the fix soon.

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Microsoft has released the fix and it's in the latest Windows update: KB4022716 (OS Build 15063.447)

Simply updating Windows 10 should give you the fix.

Greg