too much being recorded!

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

mflury

too much being recorded!

Post by mflury »

I have an old "boom box" with the red/white plugs on the back which I have plugged into my desktop "line in" with the RCA cord...I can record but it not only records the cassette, it records everything in the room...me talking to my kids, the phone, the cheers as we play Wii! How can I connect this so that it won't record anything BUT the cassette??

I should add that I also tried through the headphone jack of the boom box, directly into my computer, and the same thing happened.

The sound of the tape playing actually comes out of my computer speakers when I record--is that what it should do?? I have auxillary speakers hooked up to my desktop.

Isn't there a way I can record w/out ME hearing it as it records (records internally) and not record any extraneous information?

I am not very techy so I need help! I was encouraged by the reviews at Amazon on the ease of use, and I'm disappointed it's not that easy. I must be missing something simple! (?)

Thanks!
jerrylking

Post by jerrylking »

The only thing I can imagine is that you have a microphone on the boom box or on your computer that is active while you are recording. Check to see if the SIA monitor is showing a sound level when you are talking but the cassette is stopped. Also, launch the level wizard and make sure you have "line in" selected as the source.

To turn off the sound while recording, uncheck the monitor box in the level wizard.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I answered this question in the support suite, it turned out to be the boom box having a mic in it.
If this was not you, try a different cassette deck.
azions

Post by azions »

I am not very techy so I need help! I was encouraged by the reviews at Amazon on the ease of use, and I'm disappointed it's not that easy. I must be missing something simple!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wii wireless remote controller
remote controller for nintendo wii
nintendo wii remote
wii wireless remote
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi
I see 3 possible faults here.

The first is that the "RCA" plugs coming out of the back of the BOX will be "INPUT" cords meant to attach a Turntable to to play through your BOX and its speakers. There is no way that they can be used as "OUTPUT" jacks to your computer.

Next is that a "Boom Box", is an impossible choice to use with SIA. It is set up via it's volume control to play the music through its speakers and would create an echo. A cheap Stereo with a built in tape deck from a thrift shop would be a better choice.

The third possible fault is that you are connecting to your MIC computer input instead of your "Line In."
Any of these faults would create the effect. I go for the RCA's being an "INPUT" cord.

Don