Look Up Information

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

ewank

Look Up Information

Post by ewank »

Recently (the last month or so), the program will no longer look up album information. No matter what I enter, I get "Failed to Find any Results". I have tried just the band name and that does not work. Today I tried Fleetwood Mac and we know this is a common band. Is there some setting I have turned off?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Look Up Information

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Unfortunately, the service that Spin It Again used to look up album information has changed the way look-ups work, so this feature is no longer operational in Spin It Again.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
dickiek

Post by dickiek »

I asked the same question in a private message. I think it's sad that no one at Acoustica would take the small amount of time needed to code such a correction in order to make the link to Musicbrainz functional. It's disappointing that Acoustica is actively selling Spin It Again, but describing it to registered users as software that won't be made fully functional, a legacy. Recording LP's is not a legacy and fully functional software used to record LP's is available free from Audacity and to purchase from VinylStudio and Goldwave. I also sent customer support a message about this and they did not reply to me. If something as essential as album lookup is included in a software package, it ought to work or someone should make it work.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I can't find any emails from you to customer support. Did you write to us using an email address different from the one you used for this forum?

Greg
fransrsr7

Post by fransrsr7 »

Greg,

Automatically look up track information online for less typing!

This is the third bullet on your web site under "Features" It wasn't a "nice to have" relative to my purchase of Spin it Again. It was a differentiator from other Software providers. Obviously, based on the fact that you still incorrectly tout it on your web site Spin it Again thinks so too! Does your product test suite not test major functional blocks before release? Is their a plan to make this function work again? If not why does it still appear on your website as a function? Hoping for a fix but disappointed.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for pointing that out. We've removed that from the Spin It Again feature list on the web page.

I understand that this is disappointing for long-time Spin It Again users, but this software hasn't been updated in 10 years, and we've turned our software development resources elsewhere.

Anyone that purchased Spin It Again within 30 days can contact customer support for a refund: Send us a message.

Greg
rnmerchant

Post by rnmerchant »

Hi;

I'm pleased that this "legacy product" is receiving attention and support replies. I think that I and obviously others don't think it is really a 'legacy' product - it still continues to work and work very well. The fact that it has not received updates in 10 years means that - in general - it doesn't need them!!!!

I too am unhappy that the developer has not taken the effort to update the 'lookup' feature. Albeit not being a programmer, I would hazard a guess that this is a program much simpler than more recent ones and that it would not in fact take that much of a programmers time to update the lookup features to the new algorithms, whatever they are.

I think that "we are turning our attention elsewhere" is a cop-out, and that an honorable company would in fact take that relatively small effort! I'm a doctor, and I don't say - "Well, I decided not to update my knowledge on your disease because it's an old disease..." Lets take the high road.... :(
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, I'll pass that along!

Greg
atlanticom

Post by atlanticom »

I just posted a fix for this in the Spin It Again user forum. You may want to have a look. https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26482
Rjs3566

Post by Rjs3566 »

The fix page is dead. :cry:
rnmerchant

Post by rnmerchant »

This has been extensively discussed recently. Well, mostly by me.

See these threads:
https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic.php?t=29335
https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic.php?t=29277

They are hard to avoid as they are right at the top of the Spin-it-Again discussion, much more recent than this 3 year old discussion thread...

Richard