Windows 10 Creator Update problem

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

oldwood65

Windows 10 Creator Update problem

Post by oldwood65 »

Hello

I've just brought Spin it Again and I'm having doubts that I have.

Having found out that Windows update has gone wrong. Also, you can't go to access the track information service. This is a function that I thought was going to be good and that would save a lot of trouble.

Now thinking of using Audacity with the benefits are it's free and there is a lot of good videos.

It would be good to hear from your thoughts on what I should do next.

Regards.
Kevin
Acoustica Greg

Re: Windows 10 Creator Update problem

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

This problem doesn't have anything to do with Windows 10. The service that we used to look up track info, MusicBrainz, changed their lookup interface. Spin It Again is old software, and we're not currently planning on updating it. If this feature is crucial to you, and you purchased within 30 days, you can request a refund. Click here: https://acoustica.kayako.com/conversation/new

I do have to say that one killer feature of Spin It Again is its noise and click and pop removal.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Michael Nitz

Post by Michael Nitz »

Does Acoustica has a replacement then for Spin It Again? It's been a wonderful product that I've used for years. Or is there a way to relink it to MusicBrainz' new track info interface?

Michael Nitz
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

No, we don't have a replacement for Spin It Again. A workaround would be to look up the track info and then copy and paste it into Spin It Again.

We're concentrating on our Mixcraft music creation software.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
electra225

Post by electra225 »

I've made almost 1400 CD's from analog material with Spin-it-Again. I am not aware of what problems accessing track information everybody is worried about. I guess that's not important to me. I haven't found any software anywhere, for any price, that works as well or as simply as Spin-it-again. I have done all speeds of records, cassette tape, reel-to-reel tape, even cylinder records, all with great results. Audacity may be free, but compared to SIA, it's hard to use and more complicated. My computer is Windows 7. Windows 10 may be in my future and I hope SIA will work with Win 10. Sorry that you guys don't support SIA anymore and don't plan to update it. The most important thing I've learned about SIA is to get plenty of input signal. USB turntables are a waste of time. I use six different turntables, depending on what records I'm processing. I use a Marantz 2245 for a pre-amp.
Michael Nitz

Post by Michael Nitz »

Hi Electra225,

I've had no problems runnng SIA on Windows 10. It works great!

Michael
atlanticom

Post by atlanticom »

I just posted a fix for this in the Spin It Again user forum. You may want to have a look. https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26482