Ready to give up

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The Recording Device is where the sound is coming from. If you have the wrong thing selected in that setting, you won't be able to record anything (or you'll be recording something you might not want to record, like random Windows sounds). If you are recording from a USB device, that's what you should select.

It sounds like we're making progress. You were actually able to record.

Try going into Spin It Again's Miscellaneous settings and deleting its temporary files (Settings > Miscellaneous > Delete Temporary Files).

If it freezes again like that, quit Spin It Again and send us your spinagain-log.txt file, which would be located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Spin It Again\

Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the spinagain-log.txt file.

A new log file is created every time you run the program, so it's important to send it right after you experience a problem.

Greg
goreway

Post by goreway »

I'm having an issue with recording. Everything seemd to work fine with my old computer, except the recording were a little bit too quiet. Now on this new laptop, all my recording seem too loud and distorted/echo-y. It sounds almsot as if its picking up too much sound...doesnt sound right. In the options, my playback device is 'Default wave sound', but when i choose 'USB audio codec' for recording device, it doesnt even register the sound. When i pick 'default codec' for recording device. it picks up the sound, but the recording is distorted. All my friends have this same thing and it works fine......what can my potential problems be? How can i get it to work using 'usb audio codec' as recording device?
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi
Your recording device s/b your Codec device never default wave device.

Your playback device s/b your sound card.

One MAJOR rule overall. You should be able to HEAR the music at a proper, clear tone WITHOUT SIA. If you can't hear it properly neither can SIA. Work on setting the sound up properly and at a pleasant level first.

Don
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Don, I don't mean to step in on you again :shock: but saying "You should be able to HEAR the music at a proper, clear tone WITHOUT SIA" is not always true.
On windows xp machines, you MUST have the input device enabled and unmuted AS A PLAYBACK device before you will be able to hear what is coming in the input device.
While on the recording control interface, line in is the selected device

If not, the signal will still be coming in, but you won't hear it through your computer speakers unless you use the "monitor" option in SIA.
In windows vista and 7, I don't think the input device is even an option for playback.
On the win 7 machine I am writing from, there is no way that I can find to hear your input in real time without using the monitor check box in SIA.
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi Eric
Thanks for correcting me on this. I have posted and discussed this with Greg before but wasn't corrected. Mistakes are a big part of my life.

I have a great surround system attached to my computer. I guess this is why I threw away my codec and now use stereo earphone jack to computer line in. That way Playback is sound card and Recording is sound card. Simple.

Don
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Sounds like a nice system! Above, I am assuming the user/reader has a plain jane common sound card.
reelman19

Well I am back

Post by reelman19 »

I started this thread in July 2009; I was so frustrated that I put down the whole process down and let it sit.

I am a data storage sw engineer and I cannot get this (or any other sw to work on vinyl conversion; I have tried them all.)

I have an ion iTTUSB and cannot figure out how SIA will work. Can some one help me.

I am using a Dell laptop and a Sigma Tel sound card and plugging the TT into a known good USB port.

Look at my past posts and you can see how many different configs I have tried.

ION is useless unless you use their crap sw
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hey Man

The USB Codec s/b your RECORDING DEVICE
Your Sigma Tel Sound card is your PLAYBACK DEVICE

The Default WAVE Device is the volume control on your computer and as such cannot be your RECORDING DEVICE or your PLAYBACK DEVICE.

Open the Recording Wizzard. There is a box beside the word Soundcard:
Select your Sigma Tel Card.

There is a box below That says SOURCE: Select your named USB DEVICE

This should do it for you. Your other settings seem OK.

Don
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

reelman19, send me a PM and we'll work on it.
reelman19

Post by reelman19 »

Don Hall wrote:Hey Man

The USB Codec s/b your RECORDING DEVICE
Your Sigma Tel Sound card is your PLAYBACK DEVICE

The Default WAVE Device is the volume control on your computer and as such cannot be your RECORDING DEVICE or your PLAYBACK DEVICE.

This should do it for you. Your other settings seem OK.

Don

I don't have the following when I open the recording wizard:

BTW: am using 2.5 b46
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi Again

You must have a poor or corrupted OS maybe VISTA.
You can upgrade to Win 7 for something over $50.
I would do that and start over.

Don
reelman19

Post by reelman19 »

Have Win XP; everything else works fine
Don Hall wrote:Hi Again

You must have a poor or corrupted OS maybe VISTA.
You can upgrade to Win 7 for something over $50.
I would do that and start over.

Don