Ready to give up

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

reelman19

Ready to give up

Post by reelman19 »

Don't know what has happened to my conversion process but I have been using 2.0 for a year and now I have upgraded to 2.5 b46 and can't get the s/w to work.

Using ION USB turntable; the only way I have been able to get it all to work in the past has been to disable the internal soundcard (Sigma Tel) and enable the USB audio device in hardware properties.

But when I use the level wizard and let the wizard find the card (and it chooses USB Codec) the software comes back after 30 sec and says it cannot detect any audio.

Then if I manually choose Default Wave Device I get the same message.

Any thoughts? Should I be doing something in settings.

I know the turntable is working because I did some some songs with ION's EZ Vinyl Converter, but it is really bad SW.
fredra

Post by fredra »

@reelman
Don't give up.
I have no answer, but others here are well versed in SIA, and they will be along shortly to guide you through.
Cheers :)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

"USB Audio Codec" should be the correct choice. Are you certain that the turntable is putting out audio right now?

Greg
reelman19

Post by reelman19 »

I am going to re connect the TT to another USB port that has been tested and is a known good port.
reelman19

Post by reelman19 »

Greg

Verified turntable is working fine. I downloaded a trial version of another vinyl conversion s/w and it worked just fine.

Do I have something wrong in my s/w settings?

During level wizard soundcard chosen is USB Audio Codec

Under settings:Audio: Playback Device = Default Wave Device
Recording Device = (1) USB Audio CODEC
Sample Rate = 44100
# of buffers = 16
Bit depth = 16 bits
Buffer size = 32768

Recording: Automatic track detection checked
Considered it a track when volume is greater than 10%; It is longer than 1.85; and is separated by 0.75 of silence.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Do you have only the one "USB Audio Codec" option when you click on the Recording Device setting?

What do you have selected for the Playback Device setting?

Greg
reelman19

Post by reelman19 »

Choices:

Recording Device: USB Audio CODEC
Default Wave Device

Payback: Default Wave Device
USB Audio CODEC
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You should have more options for the Playback device. You obviously can't use your turntable as the playback device. What kind of sound card do you have in your computer? Check with the manufacturer to see if there are updated audio drivers for it.

Greg
reelman19

Post by reelman19 »

The choices I have for playback are: Default Wave Device and USB Audio CODEC

Sound card is SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC.

I will check on drivers
reelman19

SigmaTel driver

Post by reelman19 »

is current
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you go into EZ Vinyl Converter, what do you have selected for the recording device? Is it still working now?

What happens if you enable your Sigmatel sound card again and choose it for the Playback Device?

Greg
reelman19

Post by reelman19 »

I just wanted to make sure you understand how I am setting up:

In Sound Devices if I leave the SigmaTel enabled and the USB Audio CODEC disabled and I click Level Wizard I get
Soundcard: Sigma Tel
Default Wav Device
USB CODEC
Source: Int Mic
Microphone
Line In

If I disable the SigmaTel card and enable the USB CODEC and click on Level Wizard I get:

Soundcard: Int Wav Device
USB Audio CODEC

No source choice.

In either EZ Converter and Golden, if I do not enable the USB CODEC I get an error.

I know the turntable is working because I converted an LP using Golden and burn a CD.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What happens if you leave both enabled? You shouldn't have to disable the Sigmatel to use the USB interface, and you wouldn't be able to hear any playback if you did.

Greg
reelman19

Post by reelman19 »

If I leave both enabled nothing comes through the speakers; don't know what happens when I try to convert I will let you know. Never have been able to use the monitor feature.

Boy what a cluster, this reminds of the old days when SCSI CD writer manufacturers were trying to integrate to every PC out there.
reelman19

Post by reelman19 »

Greg

OK tried that; left both devices (Sigma & USB CODEC); did two tracks; music played through the speakers (monitor toggled on).

When I clicked Stop after two tracks and then Next it took me to the screen that shows the tracks. It recorded both tracks as on and then locked up I had to CTRL/ALT/Delete to get out.

AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

BTW: What exactly is the Recording Device in Settings? Is it the CD R writer or the temp file on the HD? What should it be set to?

Default Wave Device?
USB CODEC?
Sigma Tel Audio?