SIA not recording

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

rn99Anchor

SIA not recording

Post by rn99Anchor »

I've been using Spin It Again for about a year and a half, but had not used it in a few months. I tried tonight to import music from a cassette tape, and nothing is showing up on the recording level. I use a quarter inch plug from my stereo headphones jack, to a mini plug going into my computer's soundcard. I'm very confused because this simple operation has always worked, and now it isn't for some reason.
Has something changed in these last few months?
I did notice the "high definition audio" added to the soundcard options. I didn't know if that has changed something or not. Any help would be appreciated.
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi
Seeing that you haven't used SIA for a while; Open The Recording Level Wizzard and see if you Volume Control is in a far left position. It should be in a far right position. Use your mouse to move the slide. Then use the Wizzard to set the volume properly for your tape.

We had someone lately with this problem, so perhaps it's catching.

Hope this helps
Don
rn99Anchor

Post by rn99Anchor »

Thanks for your quick reply. I got it figured out. For some reason the front soundcard jack's volume level was silent. Got it all back to normal and working fine again. Just needed to do a little trial and eror.
Thanks again.
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Because of this threads title "SIA Not Recording", I would like to pass on some information.

If you have hooked up your devices properly; You do not need to use SIA to hear analog music on your computer. I play music from all sources all day long and only when I wish to transcribe some analog music to a digital format do I use SIA. Trying to listen with SIA on makes no sense.

The first thing I do after turning on the computer is to turn on the old stereo and put a LP on. If I can hear the music, I know all is well. If not, as I have 5 input devices, I now know that I have selected the wrong device on my stereo. That, poor linking cords, and Volume Control settings, as in this case, are a couple of possible problems that need trial and error solutions.

So, Your stereo or USB Turntable with proper Computer settings and good cords allows you to play analog music.

Now, for transcribing that analog music to digital, you need SIA with proper settings. As I mentioned previously, there is a Volume Control Recording Wizzard which needs to be in the full right position.
Other Problems can be caused by inproper settings but you need to be able to hear the analog music first to help identify the problem.

Don