Microsoft Error Message

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Don Hall

Microsoft Error Message

Post by Don Hall »

Hi All
I'm troubled by the repeated times that I now encounter the Microsoft Error Message.
I understand that it is a computer resources issue and not a SIA problem. It seems to be getting worse. Even my removeable backup Drive has issues that require an Error Message.

I try to digitize about 100 songs or so a productive day. Half days are less. Invariably if I don't stop and reboot after about 50 songs or so, including copying the Album covers, I get the message. Once you get the message you lose what you are working on and or Sound to your Computer. It's a problem.

I try to always reboot after 50 songs or so but sometimes it isn't convenient. Once, I tried to redo the difficult LP that I was working on without rebooting and l lost the second batch too.

I understand that there are people on this Forum who use the program professionally and others who digitize a lot of songs in a session. I would like to ask; if I upgrade my Ram to 4 megs will the problem go away?? If not, how do they cope?? The fun is oozing away from me.
Don
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It depends on what's causing the crash.

Check and make sure you've got the latest audio drivers for your sound card. If that doesn't help, the next time it happens, close everything and send us your spinagain-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Spin It Again\

You can also find it by clicking on the Windows Start menu, selecting All Programs, then Acoustica Spin It Again and finally Logs.

Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file.

Greg
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Thanks Greg
So far, my new plan of only doing 4 LPs before rebooting seems to be working. If I have a fault again, I will send the string.
Regards
Don
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi Greg
I sent part of the log. I didn't seem able to send the whole log. I will try again if I missed something
Don
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Try attaching the log file to your email reply. Your email client should have an attach option.

Greg