Some questions about Audio file generation (.wav)

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

James

Some questions about Audio file generation (.wav)

Post by James »

Hi,

Three queries on the generation of the audio files - possibly thoughts for a next version?

1) When I extract and save the files the folder is named: <band name> - <album title>\. Is there any way of making this a two part path: <band name>\<album title>\ ?

2) When the file name contains the number these are added as: 01. <track 1>; 02. <track 2> and so on. Is there a way to change the number format - for example: 01 - <track 1> 02 - <track 2> and maybe format the number itself.

3) The .WAV files that are generated do not contain an ID tag information - yet this is already present in the SIA file - the Band name, Album title, track number and track title. So, once I've created the WAV files I have to go into each one (I use dbPowerAmp Edit ID Tag) and edit the tags (I use multi-edit to set the items they have in common). Even so, if the info is there then it'd be good to transfer it. Not sure if I'm missing a setting here?
The reason I create the .wav files is to have lossless source files - I then generate .mp3 files for the player.

Anyway, that's the three questions!

Thanks
James
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi
To answer your No. 1 question. You can save it in any folder you choose.
You don't need to choose the default.

My last LP when digitized was called:

E:\documents and settings\Don\Dons Documents\My Records\Bobby Vinton\Blue on Blue\

Hope that this helps.
James

Thanks...

Post by James »

Hi Don

Thanks for the reply. And this would be one way to do it.
But what I'd like to do is have Spin It Again generate the two folder names automatically from the Artist(band) name and the Album Title.

I have the default path set to: I:\MUSIC\LOSSLESS\WAVE\
and just want Spin It Again to add the names as follows:

I:\MUSIC\LOSSLESS\WAVE\<Artist>\<Album title>\

I know I can set this manually each time - but as SIA has the info it would be great if it could just do this automatically. Perhaps there is a way but I haven't found it yet ?
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi
On your #2
You can edit the track number by editing the title in your file by using 'Rename'. I do it all the time when I record a collection and do the sides as separate tracks; i.e. Change #1 on side B to # 15 on a thirty track compilation.

Hope this helps

Don