music maker is recording room sounds

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

barbbowman

music maker is recording room sounds

Post by barbbowman »

i have plugged the music maker to the record player via the head phone jack as it told me to but it is not taping the record, only every sound in the room.

my record player does not have red and white points
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi
We have had a few of these in the last while. You might want to do a search of the forum and try some of the solutions.
1) For us to help you, we would need to know how you are hooked up to your computer. Start with the computer i.e. Does your "Music Maker" input to a USB Port? If so, to what type of input is the "Music Maker"attached to what type of output from the turntable?? If your "Music Maker" is not a USB Device, again work from the computer to the turntable.
2) Does your turntable have a built-in amplifier?

Don
barbbowman

Post by barbbowman »

hi don

my recordplayer doesnt have the red and white points
i have connected the player to the music maker via the earphone jack (followed the connect wizard)
the music maker is connected to the computer via a usb cord that was supplied.
does this help
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

What exactly is a "music maker"? Is it some kind of hardware? Can you find it on the internet and post a link for us to see what it is?
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi Eric
I found the device by Googling "Music Maker" USB
It looks like an old portable radio with speakers built in
I am guessing that we have a sound loop with the computer speakers acting like a mike. It might be OK if Barb can turn off the Music Maker's speakers or if she unplugs the Computer speakers.

Don
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Speakers don't double as microphones, more likely the user just selected the wrong input source, like stereo mix or something, which would pick up the mic built into the laptop. Or other mic connected to it like a webcam mic.
barbbowman

Post by barbbowman »

it is a kaiser baas music maker and when i go into their site looking for help i was linked to hear.

there are no speakers on the music maker, it is a small white box just a little bigger than a match box.

www.kaiserbaas.com is their site
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi Barb
Have you figured out your proper hookup yet or do you still need help?
I understand now what you mean by "Points"
Don
barbbowman

Post by barbbowman »

hey don
finally got the stupid thing to work.
have connected the record player to the computer via the record player ear phone jack and the computer microphone jack. so much for kelly spending $100 on a small square matchbox
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi Barb
Glad that you a working with the program and having some success.
One downside to how you are hooked up; Mike Jacks are usually Mono. To get stereo, you need to use the "Line In" Jack on your computer instead.

Good Luck

Don
kaiser baas

MusicMaker

Post by kaiser baas »

Hi Barb,

Sorry for any confusion. It does look like your Spin-It-Again application was looking at a microphone instead of the MusicMaker device, which can only explain why you heard room noises.

In the Recording Level Adjustment Wizard you need to select the USB PnP Audio device. You may find that it currently shows a Microphone instead.

The Kaiser Baas MusicMaker is a pre-amplifier for turntables with the Phono output (white and red RCA connectors). It has circuitry inside to boost the audio signals for your PC to process without any distortion or noise. Perhaps your turntable already has a pre-amplifier within it considering that it is working without the need for the MusicMaker. In this case you just need to use the Spin-It-Again software supplied in the box.

In any case, it's great to hear you have the Spin-It-Again software going. It is fantastic software. If you find that your recordings are noisy or distorted then please try the MusicMaker again.

Please contact me should you have any further questions. murray [at] kaiserbaas.com

Regards
Murray
Kaiser Baas