Volumn In

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

PRPMAN

Volumn In

Post by PRPMAN »

I just received SIA and installed the software. I've connected my stereo receiver to my laptop thru a Behringer U-Control (UCA202). The SIA software reports the volumn to be low. I turned the volumn on the receiver all the way to max and still not enough volumn for the software. I can hear sound through headphones connected to the Behringer U-Control. Although the receiver volumn doesn't change the level heard through the Behringer. What am I doing wrong? Thanks,
PRPMAN
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi
Check your Audio Settings. Settings are located at the bottom right of the start [main] page. The Recording Device s/b your device and your Playback Device S/b your Sound Card. Do not not select Default Wave Device. That is your computers volume control.
Don
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Yes as Don mentions, from the level wizard, make sure the USB device is chosen as the recording source.
If that is not the issue, see if there is an output level knob or somthing on the USB device itself.
Also make sure you have the cable connected to the correct output on the stereo reciever. It should be line out, or tape out or something like that. Don't use speaker output jacks, they are powered and will potantially ruin your usb device.
PRPMAN

Post by PRPMAN »

Still no success. I have three options for playback and record device (default wave device, USB Audio CODEC, SigmaTel Audio). Tried combination of all three. Have wires connected to audio out on receiver and input on the USB device. Did notice that when playback and record device were set to SigmaTel Audio the level monitor showed movement in the levels. Otherwise input from receiver is reported at a very low level. There is not a output level knob on the USB device.
PRPMAN
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi
The USB codec is the recording device and the Sigmatel is your playback device . If not, check your "Sounds and Audio Device" listed in your control panel [sub Audio]. What is listed under Audio s/b your playback device.
Don