computer problem? ground loop? soundcard?driver updates? arr

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

izzyeinstein

computer problem? ground loop? soundcard?driver updates? arr

Post by izzyeinstein »

new to the bb.hope to get help.ihave used sia for a while now and love it. problem-when i send turn table in to record it sputters and starts into a feedback loop that is digital sounding.im pretty sure its not my settings on sia,because i down loaded a free version of lava and it did the same thing.my connection is TT-rca to ion mixmeister usb preamp-computers usb audio codex-realtek hd output to monitor.this has worked great for @ year or so.what next?? help!!
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Sounds like you are recording from the "stereo mix" or "what you hear" source.
Either change that within the level wizard, or turn off the "monitor" check box.
izzyeinstein

arrrr

Post by izzyeinstein »

I dont know how its changed tried in level wiz no go!! please explain how to change that.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Have you unchecked the "monitor" box on the recording screen?
izzyeinstein

Post by izzyeinstein »

yes just turns off sound no diff in recording audio Quality.
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi
I think that I may have had that problem earlier.

Perhaps your turntable or stereo [or both] have TWO electric prongs of the same size. If so, turn them [one at a time and test] over so that it will reverse the positive or negative connection. However, if you have 3 prongs on both or have 1 large and 1 small prong on both then you are OK and my reply is of no use to you.

Hang in there; There will be and answer.
Good Luck
Don
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

When you say "feedback loop" do you hear the same thing twice, like an echo? Or is the sound just bad, like an AM radio?
izzyeinstein

Post by izzyeinstein »

thanks!! don its a no-go with the prongs i saw post by you about this and tried it. my prongs are one bigger than the other (Is that called a german plug?) and the feedback is not an echo its like a scratched cd that skips/sputters in the same spot and keeps going untill you turn it off.does that make sense? allthough the voice thats says welcome to spin it again does sound echo-y on sia start up. we'll figure it out I wont use anything but SIA!!! thanks guys.
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi
I just took a good look at what you have sent.
From that, I think that your RCA's could be suspect.
Wiggle them as you are using them and see if the noise changes as you do. If you find a problem change the cords to the best that you can find.
SIA sells good ones. Also check all cords and connections. You have a fault somewhere. Chances are it's in a line or connection.
Good Luck
Don
izzyeinstein

Post by izzyeinstein »

hello don, I got ground lifts and even an rca that has a ground loop isolater on it same bs but sounds great with the loop isolater rca pluged into the stereo no noise there. but still the same prob going into SIA im gonna mess around a bit more with diff cables electrical setups an such. I also plugged tape deck in to see..yep!! same problem. I really think its a setting in my computer. im gonna start a new subject about rebuilding my old computer around SIA software that will be the computers ONLY purpose to record archive and burn!!! hope you'll have some good ideas as ive seen your name on many other topics!!