Constant Crashing

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Hank

Constant Crashing

Post by Hank »

I managed to get two cassetts transferred to CDs with no problem. Now every time after the cassett plays through and Spin It Again checks the beginning and end of each song and I click on Next I get the error message about Acustica Spin It Again having a problem and having to close without saving the work. I've shut down and restarted my computer with no change.

I found the cassett I was working on under My Recordings but it has a long pause at the beginning before recording started and I can't get Media Player to recognize the recorded file.

I also had a problem with not getting the voice or monitor working sometimes when I launched the program. If I closed and re-oppened the program they would come on sometimes.

I'm wondering if I need to reinstall the program but I'll probably need to download it again and don't know if I'd be alowed to do that. I think I can find the ownership code that I was given when I purchased on line.
Hank

Post by Hank »

I read some of the earlier posts about this problem which I should have done before posting and changed my bits and buffer as suggested by Don. I just completed converting five cassetts without a crash. I have also figured out how to add files to Media Player so all is right with the world except I still don't always get the voice and monitor features working. The voice isn't critical but I would like to use the monitor. Any suggestions?
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi
I'm glad that you have got your equipment going.
If you look at the messages in the problem above; Eric shows a computer wave and volume panel in one of thos messages. You should have a button on your bottom task bar that will indicate that it is it; if you move your coursor over it. If you found it, Click to open and look for a button on the volume panel that says "Restore Defaults'.
First though, write down your present settings; so that you can return it to those settings if something goes wrong.

Then click the 'Restore Defaults" button. Then go to SIA to try to see if that made the Monitor work.

Don
Hank

Post by Hank »

Don: I don't know if you will be checking back on this post but I'll try a reply before posting a new message. I didn't find the message with Eric's reference to resetting defaults. I looked in the volume control panel and it has wave and other settings but no ability to restore defaults that I have found. I found an options button with a setting for restore defaults but it had to do with language and speech tools. I clicked it and didn't see anything happen. Any further ideas? Without the monitor I can't check the tracks after recording.
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi
Before I take this further, assure me that under the "Audio" Tab in "Settings" that you have checked the box for "Monitor Recording Device throught Playback Device" and that your Playback Device is your Sound Card.

Don
Hank

Post by Hank »

Hi

I checked the "Audio" Tab in "Settings" and the box for "Monitor Recording Device throught Playback Device" wasn't checked so I checked it. The playback device was my Sound Card. It didn't make any difference. I even re-booted to see if it would take but it is the same. Sometimes I get the monitor and sometimes I don't Mostly I don't.
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi Hank

Intermittent anything can only be a resource problem. Check to see what else that you have running at the same time. You should have NOTHING ELSE RUNNING. Check your "Start/Programs file folder and delete anything not needed for SIA and reboot. Also close all except for SIA.

I invested in an automatic backup drive a few months ago and as it build up a lot of backup files, I started having this kind of problem. Unplugging the drive didn't help, as it had installed a program on my hard drive and made temp files while it was unhooked. I took that program off my computer and all the stuff of the backup drive to start. I now backup weekly and I have no more resource problems.

Now, you really need 2 mgs of Ram, 1 is usually enough but could be part of your intermittancy. I am guessing that you do have enough room on your hard drive.

Let me know how it's going

Don
Hank

Post by Hank »

Thanks for staying with me on this Don. When I run SIA I have nothing else running that Iknow of. I checked my computer and I have 896 MB of Ram and 24.3 GB of hard disk left.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hello,

Reproduce the problem, then quit Spin It Again and send us your spinagain-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Spin It Again\

You can also find it by clicking on the Windows Start menu, selecting All Programs, then Acoustica Spin It Again and finally Logs.

Submit an Acoustica support request and attach the spinagain-log.txt file.

Greg
Hank

Post by Hank »

Well, it has been working more than not lately. Last Saturday I recorded five cassetts and quit the program each time and each time except the last it opened with the voice and monitor working. It was too late in the day by then to send the file so I figured I'd try again on Sunday. Sunday it didn't fail so nothing to send. I'll be back to it some this weekend and if it fails I'll send the file but hopefully it will continue working. Thanks again for your support on this issue.
Hank

Post by Hank »

I sent in my log.text file last weekend when the voice and monitor didn't work again but haven't heard back yet. Did someone get it?
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi Hank
I'm sure that Greg or Eric will get back to you, It's being analyzed, I guess.

If you want to fix having to stop between records or tapes you will need more
RAM. You need at least 2 gigs, if you don't scan album covers. I use 4 gigs because I do.

Don