Cutting a part of a track out

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

bobyera1

Cutting a part of a track out

Post by bobyera1 »

Hi,

Is it possible to cut part of a track out (because of skipping) and continuing with the same track?
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi Bob

The short answer is No.
However, I use a lot of different methods to get a clean copy. If it is a single, you can deep clean the record. I use a soft toothbrush and Isopropanol 99% Alcohol but you can use clear water to deep clean.

If it is an Album, I continue to record the Album. I then go to the Album file [after it is digitized] and delete the bad track. Next, I reclean the bad song area of the Album and test to see if I fixed the skip, if so, I rerecord it and add it to the rest of the album. If it isn't any good, I go to iTunes and buy the song and add it to the Main part of the album.
In my view a patched skip doesn't rate a place in my Library.

Hope this helps
Don
rageradio

Re: Cutting a part of a track out

Post by rageradio »

not with Spin It Again. What I do is a little more involved. Obviously you have to complete the recording then load the WAV file into Acoustica Audio Mixer. You can splice out the skip and join the pieces together to sound like a seamless recording. You have to be careful to line everything up correctly or your edit will not sound right.