Tape sounds recorded on CD

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

patcol

Post by patcol »

A couple of years I used Spin It Again to record all my old cassett tapes to CD's. Now I have come across several of them that I can hear the tape humming in the background. Is there anyway to remove that sound from the CD's?

thanks for any hlep you can give me.

Patricia Colombi :) :)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Choose one of the tape cleaning effects in Spin It Again.

Of course, it's better not to have the hum in the first place, so check and make sure all your equipment (tape player and computer) is properly grounded.

Greg
patcol

Post by patcol »

Are you saying I can remove the sounds from the CD by using Spin It Again? The original tapes are long gone.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

There's no way to get rid of the hum on the CDs, but you could use another program (like Windows Media Player or our own Acoustica MP3 CD Burner) to "rip" or extract the songs from the CD, and then you can run them through Spin It Again one at a time to clean them.

Some CD rippers can rip audio CDs as one big file, and that might be more convenient if you have a lot of songs to process.

Greg
patcol

Post by patcol »

Thanks for your help. I'll give both options a shot.
patcol

Post by patcol »

I downloaded Acoustica MP3 CD Burner. Now what do I need to do? Rip or extract songs to what or where? Spin It Again does not find the songs I extracted to new CD. Where do I put them so Spin It Again will recognize them and clean them? I am totally lost. any explicit help?

thanks,
PatCol
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

When you rip an audio cd, you choose the destination of the ripped music files. When it's done, open Spin It Again, click "load a sound file" and browse to the location where you ripped the cd. You don't have to put the audio files in any specific location for spin it again to "find" them, you are in control, you tell sia where to look.
patcol

Post by patcol »

Apparently I'm making progress. I've ripped the songs but when I go into SIA it doesn't find any sound files. The songs are in MP3 format. Must they be converted to WAV files first. I see a couple of places under Preferences that refer to "ripping songs to Wav files" and/or storing them in WAV, MP3, WMA or OGG format. Do I need to do something in that area? SIA can't find them the way I've ripped them.

Thanks for your understanding. I've never done this before.

PatCol
patcol

Post by patcol »

Forget that last post. I don't know exactly how but SIA was able to find the files and I ran them again with some success. Thanks for the help
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Sorry I didn't get back to this thread sooner, but it looks like you have figured it out. I am sure it was just a matter of familiarizing yourself with how windows stores and categorizes files and how to navigate software to locate them.