transfer files to Windows Media Player

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

electra225

transfer files to Windows Media Player

Post by electra225 »

This topic may have already been discussed, but I missed it. I want to transfer and store my files from SIA to Windows Media Player and use WMP to burn the CD. I am using a fairly new Windows 7 64 bit computer with 8 gb of RAM and a 1 TB hard drive. Am I on the right track, here? Thanks........GREG
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Windows media player doesn't actually contain any music files, it just looks around your hard drive and plays what it finds. So yes you can play the music you create with SIA on WMP. Have WMP scan for music and it should find them. Or you can simply use the "open" function in WMP and open a song directly.
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi
I would use the funtion 'Play All' if you are digitizing albums.

Don
electra225

Post by electra225 »

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I used the wrong terminology. I should have asked if I could transfer music files from SIA to MY MUSIC file on Windows and then play it on Media Player and/or make my CD's from WMP. If I understood your reply correctly, I can. Please advise if I mis-understood.............GREG
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

When you have SIA create audio files, it automatically puts them in your "My Music" folder. FYI: No matter what folder a music file is in on your computers hard drive, any player such as WMP can still play it.