Observations about SIA

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

electra225

Observations about SIA

Post by electra225 »

I tried a USB turntable thinking that all my stereo equipment may be unnecesary. Not so. I found that the sound quality of the USB turntable was vastly inferior to my old faithful Technics SL-D2 and Pickering cartridge. I have recorded old albums that are almost too scratchy to play. They sound like they were recorded on a CD origianlly! I have found that the VINYL CLEAN & EQ feature to work better on mono records, especially Decca. The normal declick and decrackle feature seems to kill the top end frequencies on mono records for some reason. VINYL CLEAN &EQ seems to restore the top end and takes out all the scratch and pop. Making sure the Level Wizard does not set the input volume too low (as it is likely to do) is the secret to proper track seperation in my experience. When I do 45's and 78's, I record them on cassette tape with my equalizer set to take out as much noise as I can. Then I transfer them to SIA and tell the program I am doing vinyl. Then I use VINYL CLEAN & EQ, just like a record. Works dandy. The reason I transfer single play records to cassette tape is that it takes less maneuvering in SIA (pausing, editing out spaces, etc) that way. Thanks....GREG