SIA Will Not Record On Both Channels Only Mono

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

DHawk521

SIA Will Not Record On Both Channels Only Mono

Post by DHawk521 »

My SIA problem is the same as everyone else when it comes to recording on both channels, the program is only recording in mono. I've checked the FAQ forum and the answer for this problem didn't work, I changed the soundcard settings to 2 channel CD and it still recording in mono. I also changed out my cables and that is the problem they worked with other electronic devices. So here is what I'm working with, PC OS is Win 7, Numark TTUSB turntable, and Realtek soundcard. Also I tried using the USB plug for the turntable with the same results. Can some one help me with this? Thanks
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

SIA only records what Windows provides for it, which says this must be a setting within windows sound properties. Which side is it recording?
DHawk521

Post by DHawk521 »

Not sure which is recording but the top bar is the only one registering/flashing when recording.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you go into the Windows control panel and look at it right now, what is the name of the recording device that you changed to 2-channel?

Greg
DHawk521

Post by DHawk521 »

Line In, Realtek High Definition Audio Default Device, 2 Channel, 16Bit 44100 Hz (CD Quality)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Plug in the USB connection to the turntable and modify its settings on that screen so that it is 2-channel.

Greg
DHawk521

Post by DHawk521 »

Greg

Appreciate the help, somehow while trying to setup the usb plug the line in port works correctly now. Both channels are working with the Line In port. Thanks.

Darryl