blue screen after recording an album side

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

kt88audio

blue screen after recording an album side

Post by kt88audio »

I purchased spin it again last week and got around to installing it on my HP notebook (win7) using default install options. My Parasound phono preamp has a USB out so it made connectiong to the HP notebook a snap. To the lp stack I pulled out a Jack Johnson lp and recorded side one. This was fun and easy to record, denoise, split and name the tracks!

After saving the files to "my music" on the laptop I tried to play one of the files. A window popped up to say the files where not accessible. I closed the program and tried to reboot my HP notebook. That's when we got the blue screen of death,
and worse, when we rebooted, we got the blue screen during boot and could
not proceed to use the laptop for anything.

We ran a diagnostic shell, and drive
C: has no files. C: used to be our primary hard drive. Now D: is our internal
hard drive, but the boot sequence and BIOS won't try any internal drive other
than C:. I renamed C: to M: and the internal hard drive to C:, but the boot
sequence still get the blue screen with message STOP 0x00000007E

I'm an analog guy, my sweetheart wife helped me with recounting the facts of our situation here. Our HP notebook computer is now at a 3rd party vendor attempting to back up files, figure out how to reboot or reinstall the OS and start again at square one. Acoustica support would be appreciated!
Acoustica Greg

Re: blue screen after recording an album side

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having such severe computer problems. It sounds like that laptop needs to be serviced by a hardware technician. Spin It Again did not cause that crash. There's nothing that Spin It Again would do to your computer that would cause a blue screen crash, prevent your computer from booting and deprive you of access to your C: drive. It's hard to say what happened, but it may have been hard drive failure or some kind of audio driver problem. I don't know what program you were using to play the audio files you created, but it's likely that that program did not cause this catastrophic failure either. A blue screen error is generally related to a hardware driver problem, and out software doesn't install or modify any drivers.

Greg